Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Not very rare, but interesting...

Cybertron Metroplex for $20
    Generations Thrust or Drift for $50 Buy It Now! Damn toy scalpers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Generations Thrust or Drift for $50 Buy It Now! Damn toy scalpers!
    That was always going to happen. I hope someone wins them with the one bid and this doosh paid $30 for 'em.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Damn they are some expensive toys.

Did you end up getting him?
    nah lost out by .50c
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Landcross giftset with box in C5 condition. Reserve price is somewhere under 200 GBP - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    And for even rarer finds

MOSC AM Omega Spreem

MOSC AM Windmill

MOSC Double Punch

MOSC AM Turbo Master

MISB AM Thundercracker

What I wouldn't give to be rich and buy these.

Azrael, fatbot, just how rare are these? Are they rare because they are EU only releases or is there just a demand for these because they are nice figures?

I've seen hardcore G1 ppl salivate over an MOSC AM Sideswipe and was puzzling as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Azrael, fatbot, just how rare are these? Are they rare because they are EU only releases or is there just a demand for these because they are nice figures?

I've seen hardcore G1 ppl salivate over an MOSC AM Sideswipe and was puzzling as to why.
    It's because they didn't get released in the states only europe, Australia, Canada and New Zealand - Back when our local Transformers were sourced thru hasbro uk. - hence high prices. I may be wrong however and will most likely stand corrected when someone else reads this.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

I've owned all the 'Euro' Action Masters at one point or another. Since they were released here, I had Sideswipe, Tracks, Bombshell, Powerflash, Charger, Take-Off, Windmill, Double Punch and Circuit as a teenager, and I've accumulated all the others since then (and subsequently bought and sold them in ebbs and flows countless times. I keep buying and selling Action Master Thundercrackers in particular for some reason.)

Yes, the main reason for their inflated prices is that these are G1 toys (and in Sideswipe's case, 'Geewun' G1 toys) that were released in relatively limited numbers. If people want to 'complete' their G1 collection (which many more collectors are doing now than ever before) then they're competing for toys that don't exist in the numbers of the regular US G1 toys. On the other hand, in my opinion, all the 1991 Action Masters are great toys, and the Exo-Suit/Elite gimmicks are better than those of all the previous Action Masters. So it's a bit of Column A, a but of Column B.

Weeeee Im having a field day of links and watchlist is filling up. just need the cash though, sigh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I've owned all the 'Euro' Action Masters at one point or another. Since they were released here, I had Sideswipe, Tracks, Bombshell, Powerflash, Charger, Take-Off, Windmill, Double Punch and Circuit as a teenager, and I've accumulated all the others since then (and subsequently bought and sold them in ebbs and flows countless times. I keep buying and selling Action Master Thundercrackers in particular for some reason.)

Yes, the main reason for their inflated prices is that these are G1 toys (and in Sideswipe's case, 'Geewun' G1 toys) that were released in relatively limited numbers. If people want to 'complete' their G1 collection (which many more collectors are doing now than ever before) then they're competing for toys that don't exist in the numbers of the regular US G1 toys. On the other hand, in my opinion, all the 1991 Action Masters are great toys, and the Exo-Suit/Elite gimmicks are better than those of all the previous Action Masters. So it's a bit of Column A, a but of Column B.
    Thanks for that explanation. So they're expensive because they were exclusive to EU in the same way the Jap exclusives are expensive because they were only available in a few countries.

Arcee and Cyb Ratchet for A$81 shipped. This is roughly equal to the A$70ish ones I've posted occasionally. The difference is the drop in the dollar.