Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Transformer Liberation Thread.

This thread is pure win. I'd love to see pics of dirge's Camaro being emancipated here.

Not quite G1 or G2, but still twelve years old:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...030#post156030

By the way, I think we should add original Beast Wars liberations to this thread, partly because they've all reached a vintage of at least ten years, and partly because I like watching Gutsman Heavy make people cry.

That reminds me!

BOOOOORN FREEEE!

I did open my MOSC Fuzor Quickstrike a few weeks ago and wondered if I should have taken pictures for this thread.

Nice one Gutsman. That versus pack is one of very few Transformers I keep sealed -- but I have the Japanese version loose to play with. The toys are the same, but different packaging, and also the JP version didn't come with the exclusive comic book. So as a result I don't have a copy of that comic to read! (if someone would be kind enough to scan me a copy I'd be really grateful )

And if anyone is wondering why I didn't open the Hasbro version and keep the Takara version sealed, it's because I was living in Japan when Beast Wars came out. I got the Hasbro version because my parents bought it as a souvenir for me from the U.S. (I still have the KB toy price sticker on the card!) - so since I ended up with doubles in variant packaging, I decided to keep it sealed. Had I got the Hasbro one first I definitely would've opened it (and not bothered getting the Takara version )

Jgon may never forgive me.

Meh... I also got that set sealed and opened it too. Toys are meant to be played with damnit!

Indeed, toys are meant to be played with, even the Japanese engineers over at TakTom HQ ask that collectors take the figures out of the packaging and transform them, after all that is what they spent months designing them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Meh... I also got that set sealed and opened it too. Toys are meant to be played with damnit!