Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Transformer Liberation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I've liberated BW Iguanas & Insecticon this year, just doing my part

An open toy is a happy toy. Sealed toys are eeeevil!

Happy --> <--vile & bitter!

This thread needs an enema!

Soooo....

Shall I....?
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...2189085&type=1

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisun View Post
    This thread needs an enema!

Soooo....

Shall I....?
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...2189085&type=1
    Unless people are your friends on facebook, they can't see the contents of that link mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Unless people are your friends on facebook, they can't see the contents of that link mate.
    Wow, excuse me while I noob it up some more... what a fail =oP I tried IS and PB, but cant remember my logins and it wont let me use it, hence why I tried FB. Thanks for letting me know.

Take 2...

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Wow, excuse me while I noob it up some more... what a fail =oP I tried IS and PB, but cant remember my logins and it wont let me use it, hence why I tried FB. Thanks for letting me know.

Take 2...

*snip*
    My Anti-Malware program reports that link as being a Security Risk and is blocking it.

Maybe a 3rd round?

*hands Jaisun a box cutter* Go for it, son.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    *hands Jaisun a box cutter* Go for it, son.
    Oh dear... I just opened Sea Spray, placed him beside his twin, but the colours are wrong... Now I dunno if I've been KO'd or it's sun faded (the pack isn't). Either way, it sucks to have a "new" Sea Spray less appealing than the oldie =o( Will post pics soon...

*EDIT*

Mmkay, here are pics, the recently liberated is on the left. I also noticed the stickers aren't very foil-like, more like a silk sheen. So is it a cheap KO, or just a bit different because it's from Portugal?
    Last edited by Jaisun; 19th May 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Oh dear... I just opened Sea Spray, placed him beside his twin, but the colours are wrong... Now I dunno if I've been KO'd or it's sun faded (the pack isn't). Either way, it sucks to have a "new" Sea Spray less appealing than the oldie =o( Will post pics soon...

*EDIT*

Mmkay, here are pics, the recently liberated is on the left. I also noticed the stickers aren't very foil-like, more like a silk sheen. So is it a cheap KO, or just a bit different because it's from Portugal?
    The one you've liberated isn't a knockoff, but it is a 1989-92 Chinese reissue, so the plastic and stickers would be different to a 1985 toy. This page has quite a bit of information about reissue Seaspray: http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/15

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The one you've liberated isn't a knockoff, but it is a 1989-92 Chinese reissue, so the plastic and stickers would be different to a 1985 toy. This page has quite a bit of information about reissue Seaspray: http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/15
    Thank you very much for that, a very helpful link =o) So it's a mixed bag of feelings on this one... I feel mildly ripped thinking I had some originals, but they are reissues, but still official, but not as official as I hoped for, but not KO... etc etc etc... Either way, I'm glad they are free now, because if I didn't liberate them, I probably would've assumed they were originals the whole time.

Mint On Sealed Card Leadfoot...

cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut

Emancipated Leadfoot!

That old bubble was HARD to cut too!