Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Transformer Liberation Thread.

Ah damn dude, thats a shame, I know he can be a hard figure to get hold of as well.

Thanks mate. Hopefully I'll only lose the money it costs to send it back...We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    EDIT: Regarding my Nightbeat, this web page reveals all: http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/15#0.1_1

It's official Hasbro but it's a Chinese 90's reissue. :/ Going to see if I can return it and get my money back. *sigh*
    Why return it?
    They are after all, offical toys from Hasbro?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Why return it?
    They are after all, offical toys from Hasbro?
    Agreed - Doubledealer, if you want a genuine Nightbeat, it's a genuine Nightbeat - there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's not a knockoff and it was a good price. Lots of us bought Chinese reissues straight off Australian shelves back in the eighties/early nineties (most memorably the bargain Starscreams, Ramjets and Cycloni that glutted the shelves for about $10AU) and none of us now would worry that our toys turned out to be reissues. DD - you really wanted him and were happy before, why should this change things?

Hmm, you guys are right. I really do love him and he is a genuine Hasbro Nightbeat, an unusual one at that! I think I was just shocked initially as I thought I had been mislead by the auction. I'll message the guy back and let him know I'll be hanging onto him. Sorry for all the commotion!

*nods* There's no shame in keeping this toy if it's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Blitz/G2 Ransack has an awesome transformation
    Hell yes he does. Blitz doesn't get anywhere near enough love, I adore the way everything flips out and comes back together the other way.

I've had the fuzzy plastic syndrome on my Blitz's as well, no idea what causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Wanted this little fella for quite some time now as I love the idea of a Transformers detective, glad to finally get my hands on one! And before people start crying, I never wanted a MISB Nightbeat (don't believe in keeping them boxed up) but this one just so happened to come along at a price that was better than many MIB/loose Nightbeat's I've seen.

Before:

After:

Fantastic toy of a great character. One interesting thing I've noticed with my Nightbeat is his chin is yellow! When google image searching 'G1 Nightbeat' I can only find pictures of him with an orange chin, no pics or anything mentioned about a yellow one anywhere! I think it's kinda cool, he's got a robo-goatie! Anyone know if mine is unique?
    That came from the guy who was selling 4 of them right with each one numbered individually ??

I thought the price was pretty good too for a MISB Nightbeat...

Good to read its not a KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Who made you a moderator.
    I have been on the forum a bit longer that you, I know when to quote and not to quote. Cheers
    I've been here for 2 years, this is just a new account. I'm benben2142!

hahahahahahahahahahaha.......