Eep! I would've used a blade to open those carded G1s to preserve the card at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
Well you almost opened Countdown last week - you got to put his stickers on and put him together anyway.
True. That was the closest I've come to opening a brand new G1 toy in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
And I know Mixmaster is universally acknowledged as a 1985 toy, but his packaging says 1984 so I thought maybe he'd been trapped in there since then.
I suspect that 1984 would've been the year that the toy was patented/copyrighted, but it would've actually been manufactured and released in 1985. TF copyright stampage typically displays the previous year of when the toy was actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER
I dont collect MISB G1 but if i ever did I would never open 1. I mean whats the point of paying the kinda money they demand just to be the 1st person to touch the toy since packaged when u can buy a loose toy for much much less for the same enjoyment the certain toy gives...
Depends on the toy. With a lot of G2 toys it's much easier to find complete ones sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER
But in saying that all the newer toys that I buy I dont open and are all MISB apart from 2 or 3 from the universe 2.0 line. So bummer yes I 'll never get to play with some of them unless I find some cheaper ones down the line...

I really wanna open ROTF Ravage, Twins and Mixmaster but I cant bring myself to do it and they arent even 1 year old let alone 25...
So just open them! They're way more fun to play with outside of their packaging IMO.