Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Transformer Liberation Thread.

Default The Vintage Transformer Liberation Thread.

"I, Mixmaster, join you today in a footnote to the history of our great nation.

One score and five years ago, the first Transformers were being freed from the manacles of packaging. But twenty-five years later, we Cybertronians are still not free. A quarter of a century later, the lives of first and second generation Transformers are lived out in the shadowy bonds of plastic, cardboard and polystyrene. And now a secondary acrylic cell threatens to imprison us for eternity. Too long have we atrophied in non-biodegradeable prisons and the unrighteous bonds of plastic bubbles and boards of card.

But two thousand and nine is not an end but a beginning. We refuse to believe that the fuel pumps in human chest cavities have ceased to function. Just today, after twenty-five years trapped in a bubble as a cement mixer, my human emancipated me. After half-a-half-a-century, I can now swing my arms in a full eighteen-score degree range of articulation. I can stretch my single leg, the way Primus intended.

So, humans, whenever you free a Generation 1 or G2 Transformer from his bondage, I urge you to post in this thread. This thread that I have begun. A thread that I hope will grow into a string and from there to a rope until it is a massive cable of liberation. I want to hear vintage Transformers unsilenced. I want to hear robotic voices cemented in unison across Australia and New Zealand, crying 'Free at last! Free at last! Thank Primus Almighty, we are free at last!'"

WrittenandauthorisedbyMixmaster fortheVintageTransformerLiberationParty,Sydney.

To summarise what Mixmaster has so ably stated, the purpose of this thread is for people to post about which G1 and G2 toys they have liberated from MISB or MOSC status. (Apparently Mixmaster only cares to hear about the freedom of G1 and G2 toys for some biased reason,) People are welcome to post before and after photos or just leave a message in the thread, letting Mixmaster know which first and second generation toys you have freed. He also told me to type that I am writing this of my own free will and do not have the barrel of a laser pistol pointed at my head. No, don't type that bit. Oh, sorry.

Thus, I'm writing to say that my vintage 1984 Mixmaster escaped was liberated today. Anyone else?

I liberated a G1 Nightbeat last year, felt good to fondle the virgin plastic.

G1 and G2 toys they have liberated from MISB or MOSC status

Oh the horror NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo.......

I know, it's almost as if toys were made for people to have fun playing with them!!! I find opened toys more fun to play with compared to sealed toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    Thus, I'm writing to say that my vintage 19841985 Mixmaster escaped was liberated today.
    fix'd

I don't think I've opened any original G1 toys since 1993!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    fix'd

I don't think I've opened any original G1 toys since 1993!
    Well you almost opened Countdown last week - you got to put his stickers on and put him together anyway. And I know Mixmaster is universally acknowledged as a 1985 toy, but his packaging says 1984 so I thought maybe he'd been trapped in there since then.

Well these are not newly liberated... but still somewhat new - within the month of August after years of being in their cardbacking case.... G2 - I did save the packaging as roller wanted em

Before

After
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    G1 and G2 toys they have liberated from MISB or MOSC status

Oh the horror NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo.......
    My thoughts exactly....

I dont collect MISB G1 but if i ever did I would never open 1. I mean whats the point of paying the kinda money they demand just to be the 1st person to touch the toy since packaged when u can buy a loose toy for much much less for the same enjoyment the certain toy gives...

But in saying that all the newer toys that I buy I dont open and are all MISB apart from 2 or 3 from the universe 2.0 line. So bummer yes I 'll never get to play with some of them unless I find some cheaper ones down the line...

I really wanna open ROTF Ravage, Twins and Mixmaster but I cant bring myself to do it and they arent even 1 year old let alone 25...

But Sky Shadow big uppps to you for having the courage to open that bad boy... Hope he didnt cost you toooo much dude

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER View Post
    My thoughts exactly....

I dont collect MISB G1 but if i ever did I would never open 1. I mean whats the point of paying the kinda money they demand just to be the 1st person to touch the toy since packaged when u can buy a loose toy for much much less for the same enjoyment the certain toy gives...

But in saying that all the newer toys that I buy I dont open and are all MISB apart from 2 or 3 from the universe 2.0 line. So bummer yes I 'll never get to play with some of them unless I find some cheaper ones down the line...

I really wanna open ROTF Ravage, Twins and Mixmaster but I cant bring myself to do it and they arent even 1 year old let alone 25...

But Sky Shadow big uppps to you for having the courage to open that bad boy... Hope he didnt cost you toooo much dude
    i'm exactly the same. this thread just makes me cringe with fear and excitement.

Great work, Gutsman and Liege: Mixmaster is proud of you both.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUNDBLASTER View Post
    My problem isn't so much with the enjoyment, but with the disappointment I feel every time I buy a loose toy on eBay that's described as mint, but turns out to be far from it. I'm tired of buying bad quality loose toys on eBay with deceptive and dishonest descriptions, so if I open a sealed toy myself, I know it's mint. I have a really good metaphor for this, but it's probably not appropriate on this all-ages forum. At the moment I want a mintier G1 and G2 collection, and this is one of the ways I can ensure I get it. And if I ever do want to sell them, I don't think I've devalued them too much, as near-mint toys with all packaging and paperwork don't go for too much less than MISP ones.

Thanks. Back in the 80s, a Mixmaster was the first Transformer I ever opened (equal first with Scavenger), so this one was a bit of nostalgia. Also, these days, (sadly) this is the only way to ensure it's a real Constructicon and not a knockoff. After postage it cost me more than a 2009 ROTF Voyager, less than a Leader. And I would much rather play with him than a ROTF toy any day.

Some more of my recent MISP emancipations:

And bonus karma points if anyone opens an AFA graded toy.