Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in TF3?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    -Sam Witwicky in a coma the entire film (this doesn't need to be explained in great detail)
    We can only hope. In Bay's world, nothing needs explaining. If it gets too complicated, you add another explosion. Problem solved.

"Whatever happened to Barric--" KABOOM!

Just read the comments here and was struck by the best idea for TF3 yet. We know that Michael Bay is good at explosions and action but not so strong on plot, so let's play to his strengths...
    Clearly the whole thing should be a plotless montage of Transformer battles, explosions, and Megan Fox slow-motion running Baywatch style, set to the 1812 overture.

I know Demonac would be up for that idea, Odie.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

...Getting Roland Emmerich to Direct it? .... Cos then, for sure Unicron Would show up and.. (surprise) Pretty much destroy the earth (almost but not quite except for a few survivors) cumilating in an *epic* battle vs Unicron/Decepticons/impossible odds etc. in the end (where said small group of unlikely survivors manages to defeat/overcome end of world type problem...) usually with the main hero of the story sacrificing (or at least making you think they have) themselves to do so (take your pick of Optimus or Sam here... or both... who knows.)

Oh yeah and you would also get a bonus hour of unessisary characterisation.. so for those of you who want "more indepth look at characters" that would really work... Huge scenes of Destruction... (without the *explosion* ... huh.. was that a plot hol.. *explosion* .. but what happen.. *explosion* .. oh forget it...)

On top of all that....maybe.... just *MAYBE* one could ask for some more G1 Characters... (Like others have said... I really want to see the Stunticons... but.. Id cry if they where butchered... I could see what would happen with current psycopathic Optimus and it bodes about as well for Motormaster and the others as it did for Grindor... ) Here endith my 2c.

After he raped Godzilla there is no way he should be let loose on Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    After he raped Godzilla there is no way he should be let loose on Transformers.
    I totally ignored that rendition of godzilla... i dont think ive ever actually watched more than 5 minutes of it. Cant possibly imagine why.

Though I was being mildly sarcastic given the guys track record for the same kinds of movies.

Id say the fanchise has been sufficently raped already when we're affraid to ask for our favorite characters for fear of what will happen to them T_T

The first movie was at least tolerable - if you took it as a popcorn flick and not too seriously, but at least it made some attempt (however limply) at having a story at its core. My partner at the time who is quite derisive of most blockbuster films could even find things to like about it.
    The "rape" happened with the second one - as I have stated elsewhere it seems Bay felt that he allowed too much story and too much dialogue in the first and took every opportunity to make it more focused on tits and explosions. He also wanted to express his an unquestioning love and support of the US Military. There was potential but he wanted to shove it down people's throats. IT actually dismays me that the film was a blockbuster - if that makes me "elitist" so be it.
    I don't think there's anything short of handing the franchise toa different director and scriptwriters that could make a third movie redeem ROTF.
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

a good film

oh and some more sound affects

KABOOM!
    WOOSH!
    REAARRRRRROOOO!
    PEW PEW PEW

and etcetera

also i want to hear "the touch" while optimus verses the main bad guy. even if its unicron lol

Quote Originally Posted by dsaint View Post
    I don't think there's anything short of handing the franchise to a different director and scriptwriters that could make a third movie redeem ROTF.

How about rebooting the series.

As popular as ROTF was, will the TF movies end up like the Batman series did with Batman & Robin ?

Mercifully, Batman was rescued with a reboot. That was a big risk, but it did pay off. If TF3 doesn't perform, rebooting Transformers may be a bridge too far for most movie execs that write big cheques.