Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in TF3?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    well i liked the two movies and look forward to the next one, i would love to see Omega supreme or metroplex make an appearance.
    that would be awesome, or even because rebirth seems to happen allot in these movies, devastator gets reborn and wages a fight of galactic proportions with omega supreme

plus we need some australia scenes, anyone else realise in alien invasion movies australia either gets a cameo or something in a 10-30 second shot. i think its time australia had some of the awesomeness

Smile

well first off i deffs dont want any dinobots... they just wouldnt make snece in the movie verse. and i want to see more of the bike sisters because i thought they were awesome! and more sideswipe and more prime but not so much of him killing cos thats just not prime.

Devastator wouldn't need to be reborn... remember that there's an army of Constructicons out there; they just need to grab another group to form another Devastator. If Devvy appears in TF3 I really hope that HasTak gives us a REAL proper set of fully transforming & combining Constructicons instead of just reusing the ROTF moulds. (-_-)

would like to see the background story of each transformer to be told in the movie, not just the comics and also a little more focus on the decepticons; what makes them who they are. They should also fill in some gaps such as the telling how transformers came to exist (that should have already been covered), primus, unicron, etc.
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Knights of my untidy study

The problem with that is time. You just don't have time to give a detailed exposition on _every_ single character, especially when dealing with armies! Such things are relagated to "expanded universe" material in books, comics etc.

Look at Star Wars, there are _so_ many characters who appear in that film, but only a handful of them are really shown in detail in the movies. The rest appear in the expanded universe; and Star Wars expanded universe basically creates stories for every character that appears. Like the Mos Eisley Cantina that's packed with random aliens; they _all_ have a story! A classic example of this is Boba Fett. In the original trilogy all he does in the movies is capture Han Solo and then gets thrown into the Sarlacc by a blind man with a stick. The end. If you look only at The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, he really isn't that interesting of a character. Yet he's become one of the most enduring fan favourites, and a lot of that is due to the additional stories told about him in comic books etc. So much so that in the prequel trilogy his story ties in with the Clone Wars. And again, through the expanded universe the story of Jango Fett's involvement in the creation of the Clone Army ties in with the story of the Mandalorians, something which we know nothing about from the movies!

But if they bothered to go into further detail about Boba Fett, Jango Fett and the Mandalorian story arcs, it would derail the movies from the main story about the Skywalkers. So because of that it's just not possible to do that in a movie. Not even the Lord of the Rings Trilogy was able to fully explain everything from the books, and they were _long_ movies. The Extended Version went into further detail (e.g.: explaining that Aragorn isn't a normal human) but still left out a lot of other things (e.g.: not fully explaining the true nature of Gandalf).

I totally agree that the first two movies could have spent more time expositioning some of the characters (like Jolt! Who the f*** is he?!?!), and it would be great to see more character exposition in the third movie... but to deliver a background story on each Transformer shown in the movie? Do you really care about the background story for Decepticon Warrior #T-1000 (the one who had his head blown off by NEST soldiers)? That would be like devoting an entire story for Stormtrooper TK-421

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That would be like devoting an entire story for Stormtrooper TK-421
    well wouldnt you like to know when he got out of the falcon, maybe he got out at yavin 4 with his mate and then were spies until the destruction of the second death star, turning to the light side then when thrawn came around they had the difficult decision of turning back, then after the second comming of the emperor they end up back with the empire, then they find out that some compelling twist that may or may not be true, blah blah blah, they both die. see the story about those guys summed up in 6 lines lol

It's not that I don't want to know anything about these characters... it's just that I don't think you can possibly fit a detailed exposition for _every_ character in a movie without derailing it from its central plot. Imagine if say "More Than Meets The Eye" decided to delve into the whole background story for Sunstorm (and thus the Oracle, Vector Sigma, Quintessons.. possibly Primus etc.), who was at the time, just a generic Decepticon Seeker. That would distract from the main story of telling the audience about how the Transformers would leave Cybertron and come to Earth etc.

yeah the show bleach does it all the time, you would 1 episode of the sotry then 2 of the past of some "Death-God" (watch the show lol).even though there is over 300 episodes of the show, i fiinished watching after hitting 50, it was just becoming too much of a chore for me to sit and watch so many minutes for a major twist theat comes after the characters life story

You're comparing a series with a movie, which doesn't work simply because a series obviously has more time to expand and explain more things in greater detail, whether it be a comic book series or TV series. A movie on the other hand is restricted to telling a story within a much more limited time frame (e.g. 2 hours) where you need to focus on the more essential parts of the story. That's why many movies end up with deleted scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That would be like devoting an entire story for Stormtrooper TK-421
    Stormtrooper TK-421 is one amazing man. Wise and brave.. Holy, even. I think there are valuable lessens that could be gained by all who have the will to believe in Stormtrooper TK-421.

In fact, I have reasons to believe that he was not simply a man, but a God or at least a deity in human form.

There really should be a bible (if not numerous bibles, temples, churches and mosques) devoted to His Divine Holy Lordship, Stormtrooper TK-421.. 0_o