Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some Advice...

Default wow

i feel for ya good luck with this

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Meeting someone online and then meeting them in Real life is good as you get to properly meet them - That's what I meant about knowing them in real life. However if you only know them through their online persona then its not worth investing so much of yourself emotionally on them.
    True, but there are still people I am yet to meet, that I know online, probably some that I will never meet.
    Even someone that I regard as my sister and she regards me as her brother. Was probably 3 years I known her online before I actually met her.

I dunno, all I'm saying is that you can't really say that everyone online is a different person in real life. And he won't really know unless he meets her.

That's right you don't know until you meet them and that's why my view is that one should meet them before going so deep in a relationship. However in this case based on what we know - It seems more likely that she is indeed one person online and another in real life.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You've gotta take a little more control of the friendship. Right now she's (with the help of her friend) dictating the terms. She needs to be honest with her parents before anything could go further between you two. Right now it doesn't look good for the two of you. Call some shots and see how she responds to them if she doesn't agree to any then she's probably going to walk all over you if anything were to happen.

$5000 is a pretty good head start to move out and possibly move to another state if you want to start fresh. It's a bit cliche' but, there's plenty of other fish in the sea. Just be yourself and go with your gut instinct mate. I hope it all works out for you.

all this talk abt $5000 reminded me of homers quote:

"...Bart, with $10,000 we'd be millionaires...."

mate, i got two words for you "Friend Zone".

Once you are in it, you have bugger all chance of trying to change it to anything else. That stuff only happens in movies mate. Dont waste your time with her trying to wait for your hollywood ending.

She clearly does not appreciate all the effort you have given so its time to cut her loose mate.

Be tough. You'll find yourself another girl. You are still young and have plenty of time.

From the sounds of things, you are a young adult with a good head on your shoulders, hard working, committed, capable of following through difficult goals and you are a very loyal friend. Those qualities will go very far my friend. Keep that up and you will see that many other opportunities will open up to you.

Life is all abt the learning experiences cos nobody gets it right the first time. You will realise that when you meet your next girl.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post

mate, i got two words for you "Friend Zone".

Once you are in it, you have bugger all chance of trying to change it to anything else. That stuff only happens in movies mate. Dont waste your time with her trying to wait for your hollywood ending.
    I was friends with my gf before we went out, hell she had a bf, I destroyed him and took her as my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I was friends with my gf before we went out, hell she had a bf, I destroyed him and took her as my own!
    oh kay... im pretty sure that was NOT the message i was trying to promote here...
    but good for you gutsman...you home breaker... lol...
    nah just kidding mate... *high 5's*

but seriously, in this instance, its been 8yrs... man 8yrs...shes just not that in to him....

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Dude...

Cancel the trip, refund your tickets, save your money.
    Something is definitely not right here with her behaviour and the whole story.
    My feeling is that if you go ahead you will be sorely disappointed.
    Are you sure she's not setting you up to be arrested as soon as you touchdown there?
    Canada is not worth it in my mind for just a holiday anyway...it's just like Australia except colder with more water and French people.
    +1

What if they are luring you over to blackmail you? I.E. Give us $x or we'll tell the Candian police you did naughty rapists things? Also Canada being cold = winter clothing = concealed flesh = hairy chicks!
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

This is rain, and this is your parade. Now lets see what happens when we combine the two...

My mate tried the same thing, went overseas for some woman, guess how long it lasted? Phone a friend if you need to. In fact, ask your mates if they think it's a good idea, you'll more than likely get one offering to kick you in the pants.

Sorry dude, but I don't see good things happening.

I wish you all the best though no matter which path you head down

I spoke to her today, she seemed a bit happier.

She didn't respond to any of my emails and was in a bit of a funny mood, but Girls just get like that sometimes right?

Anyways by the end of the convo she seemed happier, and said I was still welcome to come over.

I'm still thinking things over very carefully though, I kind of feel like Im putting all the energy into the relationship atm and she's unsure.