Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney Buys Marvel For $4 Billion

Insane Clown posse wont be happy

Hitler's response to Disney buying Marvel:

Linky
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

They removed the Hitler hates Michael Bay's Transformers video. That was the best one!

It really scares me that the comic books i grew up reading are now being made by a company whose founder was a nazi sympathizer and is currently frozen, awaiting reanimation.

Will they have a negative effect on the characters i grew up reading, have tattoos of, and taught me more about life then my father?

No marvel won't change that much, disney has spent way too much money to do anything that would adversely affect the company they have just bought. I hope

But now i have to stop and think, Do i want to give more money to the mouse every month?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    that's funny, and, scary at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Hitler's response to Disney buying Marvel:

Linky
    Gotta admit the man makes for some convincing tirades. He has my support on this issue

I think Disney will leave Marvel to do its own thing. If it ain't broke, don't screw with it. They probably bought Marvel because they recognised the pull power of its properties.

This could have some positive effects. Since Marvel have set up their own company for making films based on their properties, it could mean that there would be less chance of a risk, since Disney could aid in distribution, marketing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot
    It really scares me that the comic books i grew up reading are now being made by a company whose founder was a nazi sympathizer
    Meh, that's not much worse than the fact that the alt modes for G1 Jazz, Cliffjumper and Bumblebee (plus others) were based on vehicles manufactured by Porsche/Volkswagen, and we all know about their relationship with the Führer.

But if the Avengers start walking with a goose-step we'll know why!

Ut-oh, spaghetti-os! Animated Blitzwing forgot about Optimus Prime's heritage!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot
    and is currently frozen, awaiting reanimation.
    That's an urban myth according to wikipedia (and as Revenge of the Fallen has taught us, "the internet is pure truth." )

"A long-standing but false urban legend maintains that Disney was cryogenically frozen, and his frozen corpse was stored underneath the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. The first known instance of cryogenic freezing of a corpse occurred a month later, in January 1967." (Source)

I always found it ironic that the car everybody adores as cute and friendly, The Volkzwagen Beetle, is something that was pretty much made by Hitler:

In 1933, Adolf Hitler gave the order to Ferdinand Porsche to develop a "Volks-Wagen" . The name means "people's car" in German, in which it is pronounced [ˈfolksvɑːgən]). He required a basic vehicle capable of transporting two adults and three children at 100 km/h (62 mph). The "People's Car" would be available to citizens of the Third Reich through a savings scheme at 990 Reichsmark, about the price of a small motorcycle (an average income being around 32RM a week).