Thread: 日本語会話: The Japanese Conversation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You were right Gok, it's pretty active here =)

Flash cards are always nice.. But i really only used them for the ones I really couldnt remember.
    I used to write down on two pieces of paper, one for Katakana and one for Hiragana and have all the A, I U, E, O, KA, KI.. etc written in English.
    I'd look at a book for 10 minutes, then go. For the ones I constantly failed on, I'd go to the flash cards. Easier to remember the silly little pictures/ expressions.
    Katakana was fun though. I remember I used to go into Toys R Us when the Beast Machines Return line was out, and i'd spend literally an hour trying to say the name of characters (who i knew) but just trying to pronounce them, then ask the staff what the name was.

Best learning: Drinking with friends (or even strangers). Verbal learning + drinks = fun!

My Japanese learning is coming along quite well, slowly but surely and I don't get to spend much time studying which makes the progress slower. I've memorized the hiragana by just practicing writing over and over and saying them aloud. The flashcards I made haven't even been used. But that's okay, I want to learn to read, write and speak Japanese so this way has been the best way for me. I also have a few Japanese learning games on my phone which I use to test myself or to just play during breaks at work. I'm currently working on the greetings and learning the first vocabulary list in Genki. I can introduce myself in Japanese which is fun! I love little things like that, it feels good. I'm seeing one of my friends who studies Japanese at uni at the end of the month so maybe by then I can have a brief conversation with him.

I love Genki, great book =)
    Workbooks pretty good too!

I'm borrowing a friend's books at the moment but I'm buying my own next week!

こんいちは。ぼくはライアンです。すきなツランスウフォマアはガルバツロンです。どぞよろしく。 ロヂムス コウンヴォイはうるさいですね。すきなツランスウフォオマアはなんですか。 ゴクチムスコンヴォイはおいしいですね。ロル。(lol)

こんにちは。これはシツピイスです。
    さようなら。