Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High Quality G1 KO's

damn... i missed out on the mailaway MISB reflector (which was opened??) for only $60 posted!!!

But seriously, i feel sorry for all the G1 hunters out there trying to chase down parts to complete their collection. normal folk will have bugger all chance of telling if the weapons/accessories are real or not. especially when most ppl have never even owned the original parts!!!

sux to be a G1 hunter in todays market i suppose...

Hmmm...I'm one of those who are hunting particular G1's I'll be sure to always post up and ask u guys first if they're legit. Coz I sure as hell couldn't tell the difference...!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    sux to be a G1 hunter in todays market i suppose...
    I agree with you on this !!

Can anyone tell if this is a KO?

See the little stickers with the asian style writing on them .. I think thats the giveaway ..

I have one the same and I purchased it as a KO..

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Edit: Wow! That Reflector is even trying to duplicate the white mail order box to fool people.
    This is something that I believe is almost a cultural misunderstanding. It would seem that the KO manufacturers are not trying to maliciously "fool" anyone but rather they are simply trying to recreate things as faithfully as possible. It's the dishonest sellers trying to pass them off as "genuine originals" who are doing the fooling.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    This is something that I believe is almost a cultural misunderstanding. It would seem that the KO manufacturers are not trying to maliciously "fool" anyone but rather they are simply trying to recreate things as faithfully as possible. It's the dishonest sellers trying to pass them off as "genuine originals" who are doing the fooling.
    "Officer, this is just a cultural misunderstanding. We were just innocently trying to recreate these cigarettes, this money and these medicines as faithfully as possible. We never imagined that anyone would actually try to fool anyone with them by pretending they were authentic."

Apples and oranges.

Cigarettes, money and medicines are in no way comparable to 20+ year old children's toys in terms of motivation for making them and the market that's buying them.

The manafacturers of KOs don't pretend that they are authentic... *some* sellers do.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Apples and oranges.

Cigarettes, money and medicines are in no way comparable to 20+ year old children's toys in terms of motivation for making them and the market that's buying them.

The manafacturers of KOs don't pretend that they are authentic... *some* sellers do.
    I agree. Its not the makers. I for one am really glad we have these KO's of rare TF's. Its the sellers who say they are legit who are the bad guys.

This in depth guide for spotting differences between originals and these high quality KO's should prove extremely useful for many of us

http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/17