Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lurkers

Default lurkers

so many poeple are finally registering after lurking for so long
    WHY DID THEY WAIT!!???!! its a good example for all other lurkers to register!! and join in the crazy tf fun

i call forward all the lurkers of otca to register!!

WELCOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    so many poeple are finally registering after lurking for so long
    WHY DID THEY WAIT!!???!!
    Probably something to do with only having limited or no access to various sections (eg Swindle's sales yard).

They've probably discovered after registering that they still aren't automatically given access either.

I have a friend who's been occasionally lurking here for years (some of you met him at the Sydney IMAX premiere and Lord_Zed knows him IRL ).

He's not really a Transformers fan (remembering that fan is short for 'fanatic') but merely someone who has a fairly casual and limited interest in Transformers. He doesn't attend Transformers meets (he only came to the IMAX premiere cos I offered him my spare free ticket ). He sometimes lurks here just to check the NSW sightings and doesn't really have any interest in any other part of the board.

I guess some people just like interacting more passively - reading threads/posts and just don't feel like they have anything to add or may not want to add anything. <shrug> Some people may just like to watch before deciding on whether or not they want to register.

I lurked here and on international boards for quite a while until I was confident I found the 'right community/best board' for me.

It's a pity all those lurkers can't have cool shades like these .. These cool shades are only available to members.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

On the tfnz boards we get faction symbols. autobot, decepticon, maximal, predacon and unicron. even cooler than GLASSES

And no thats not me .

I'm still lurking. :B

Well there's a voyeuristic appeal to it I guess.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Second Sniper View Post
    Probably something to do with only having limited or no access to various sections (eg Swindle's sales yard).

They've probably discovered after registering that they still aren't automatically given access either.
    hehehe

stomps around trying to squash itty bitty tinyjazz

I lurked for a while before I signed up.
    There are 2 real advantages for me;
    1. ability to ask questions to mastercollectors who are also fans (griffin, gok, jgon)
    2. Access to sales page.

The rest is all the usual collectors non-sense of everyone trying to out-do everyone else. I have no interest in meets, etc, because I am in melbourne and it seems that the majority of the melbourne-ites on the board have very loose collecting morals.

Meets etc are useful for networking, but of course it's up to the individual if they wish to meet other fans. I try to encourage fans to interact and form relationships for that reason. My collecting is pretty stagnant at the moment since I've completed G1, but I'm always keen for meets so I can encourage others in their collecting (:

There will, of course, always be differences in viewpoint of course. But yeah, building a network of contacts for trades/group orders etc can be a useful thing. And hey, you might even make new friends out of it.

BTW, I'm not trying to argue with you d*r*j*, merely offering encouragement & a positive view. It's up to others - lurkers or otherwise - if they wish to interact.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister