Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF Animated Ep10 - Sound and Fury. (Spoilers)

Default TF Animated Ep10 - Sound and Fury. (Spoilers)

Post here your thoughts on the tenth episode of Transformers Animated. If this screens in Australia any time soon, we will re-look at this topic.
    *** SPOILERS ***

Episode Synopsis apparently from Cartoon Network website:
    Episode 10: Sound & Fury
    Sari's new toy musical robot seems to have an evil streak - and the ability to control other machines - but Bulkhead is the only one who sees it.

It was an okay episode.

Brief thoughts:

+ The human villain was riding something that looked like a My Little Pony (although it was a unicorn) and she was apparently waging a war of girls toys vs boys toys. A tribute to My Little Transformers perhaps? Definitely a tribute to My Little Pony, which is a girls' toyline made by Hasbro (Michael Bay also made a reference to this with the little girl who mistook Ironhide for the Tooth Fairy )

+ Soundwave's persona was actually more like Shockwave! - personalitywise he wasn't like Soundwave at all! Lots of visual tributes to Soundwave, especially the box that he came in and the leftover piece of him at the end. His ability to control other machines was cool and reminiscent of G1 Soundwave's command over the Decepticon cassettes, and of course, the voice. Otherwise he was a lot more like Shockwave!

I'm glad that Bulkhead was the hero at the end, but he's still sorely underdeveloped and still basically being portrayed as the clumsy brute... Bulkhead is more of a caricature than a character. :/

My thoughts:

The start of the episode is even lamer than the Angry Archer episode. Unfortunately it kind of shows the attitude that the writers have towards this series as its now frustratingly childish. It wasn't funny or anything of the sort, just frustrating. Did they actually think that having a little girl 'princess' supervillain riding a Unicorn 'My little Pony' was a good, sensible idea?

The plot overall wasn't bad but the childishness and execution of it brought it down considerably. I hated how it was another 'Sari uses her magic key and mayhem occurs!' sort of episode, its becoming very old now. Soundwave was created by the key from a toy music robot that Megatron designed.

I wont really go into much as much of the episode was very lame. Soundwave kept getting upgraded through successive 'key ignitions' by Sari and then he gained a mind of his own, spoke to Megatron and turned evil. He was defeated very easily by Bulkhead who only needed to punch him once. The saving graces were how Soundwave did show cunning and was able to manipulate drone robots making him threatening. However this side of Soundwave was shown briefly and as mentioned, he was defeated in the dumbest form possible.

I honestly don't see what people see in this, it was lame to the core. Cartoon G1 Soundwave was undoubtedly better and Comics G1 Soundwave is beyond comparison. This series is just substandard and from a passing enjoyment its now beginning to frustrate me with all its lameness.

There were many G1 tributes and one BW tribute but it did nothing for the plot and they were forced in and pointless.

The only good thing is that for once, Bulkhead did something smart in tricking Soundwave.

This series is begining to fall into the Unicron series sort of mediocrity, this episode was a GIANT let down and it is unlikely that the series will improve from this point on as it has already set the stage of what it is.
    ________
    Avandia Heart Attack
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:33 PM.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

This series is begining to fall into the Unicron series sort of mediocrity, this episode was a GIANT let down and it is unlikely that the series will improve from this point on as it has already set the stage of what it is.
    Pretty harsh, don't cha think? I wouldn't call it that bad.

Comparing the character development of Soundwave this week to Blackarachnia last week, Blackarachnia's background was miles ahead. But eh, what are you gonna do?

Plenty of G1 throwbacks (voice, small alt mode, shoulder cannon, kremzeek etc.) made it better - reaching out to the oldies, ay.

Out of 10 - I'd give it a 6-7.

Hell, Adam loved it http://www.flickr.com/photos/revlimit/2286634506/
    Last edited by Pulse; 24th February 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Piccy time

I am still not liking where this series is heading and its begining to frustrate me so I am thinking that I may just leave it be and stop watching it. This episode was the last straw for me and killed any hope I had for the series.

The little girl on the Pony was also too much.
    ________
    FREE X RATED VIDEOS
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:33 PM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I have to agree – whoever came up with the 'Princess on the Pony' supervillain should be sacked! It was embarrassing!

I’m also sick to death of Sari and her 'magical key'. If it’s not a ridiculous plot point one week, it’s a deus ex machina the next!

On the plus side – it’s great to finally see one of my absolute favourite characters – Soundwave – back in Transformers. He was great! Not the same as G1 Soundwave, but cool regardless. I also enjoyed Bulkhead being a hero finally. I just wish the writers would write more episodes centred around Prowl!

I also enjoyed the references to Kremzeek, and Daniel at the party!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Good episode.

Bulkhead is showing that he seems to be the only one really keeping tabs on the key and it's use, and realises that it's constant use is actually creating more trouble for everyone than any good it may do.

He's also successful at being the comic relief too. I don't see him as just being in that one role, he's more aware than people give him credit for. Also he seems to be the only one that megatron has any interest in as being any sort of threat due to his strength.
    ________
    LAMBORGHINI LM004
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 07:45 AM.

I loved it. G1 references were nice and a cool take on Soundwave (even if he is similar to Comics Shockwave with the logic stuff, I consider it a plus, they could be buddies!) Lame human villains aside, its really powering along nicely IMO.

so does soundwave have a spark?
    Or is he just some mundane computer with some decent AI?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

One would think so after having the allspark key poked into him several times and then him becoming fully self aware and free from megatrons direct control.
    ________
    Mazda 737C History
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 07:45 AM.