Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF Animated Ep10 - Sound and Fury. (Spoilers)

Yep, like the Dinobots once they are affected by the key I think they are given sparks.

Decent episode, the lame supervillian was amusing, mainly because of how terrible it was, but still amusing. I think the whole purpose of the supervillian was to show how Sari loves her music, or something.

Nice to have Bulkhead as the lead character, I was glad he was the lead, and Sarri's friend in this episode instead of Bumblebee, as Bumblebee irks me. It may have been another "villain of the week" style episode, but Megatron had this thought out fairly well, if the dopey Professor had have asked why Soundwave went mental, Megatron could simply state that he was unaware that Sarri would use the key on him. I was also hoping to see less use of the key after "along came a spider" last week, especially since Sarri promised to limit it's use.

Soundwave was good, the voice well done, and fusing him with Marvel Shockwave was a nice touch as well, it kind of suits a "new born" robot who has gained sentience on a human dominated planet to think that way. Having him fuse with all the smaller robots was also interesting, although I hope he gets his car body back as a full time upgrade soon.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The thing I appreciate with Soundwave and Blackarachnia is that these are villains whose appearances will clearly contribute to the ongoing development of the series. The Dinobots and Soundwave's appearances are significant in terms of demonstrating Megatron's continual efforts to rebuild himself. Yeah okay, it's really an excuse to advertise the toys, but I think it's been written well as they're all working toward the plot conclusion of Megatron's new body.

Each of these characters have the potential to return if the writers wanted to - particularly Blackarachnia. Soundwave is a possibility since they did show a part of Soundwave that remained (and looked like his G1 alt mode!) - and the red glow suggesting that that component is sentient (so it is arguably his core processor or something).

I would like to see the Dinobots evolve into proper Autobots - and not retardabots like in the G1 cartoon (especially post season 2) but more like how they were portrayed in the G1 comics; as berserkers - and very much in the classical sense of a berserker from Norse mythology, or Beorn from The Hobbit. Like Beorn, the Dinobots are quick to anger and insanely powerful/nigh-unstoppable in battle, but they are also very kind and caring to their allies and not complete imbeciles either (Beorn is reasonably intelligent, as are the G1 comic Dinobots, especially Grimlock).

And I'd like to see them evolve through some means other than Sari's key. That's getting old. Perhaps the Dinobots could've evolved on their own, just as Soundwave did (Megatron never designed or intended for him to became self-aware - he was only meant to be a remote slave-drone and future body for Megatron).

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I thought that he (soundwave), was an experiment on how they key could upgrade a bot to a given design. It worked, it ended up as the final plan, but it had a side effect that megatron didn't foresee, it gave a spark to the robot and allowed it to become self aware. All in all it seemed to be a success for megatron.

And yea, I never thought that megatron intended to personally use soundwave for his own body, I mean, when would megatron want to become a boombox/minivan with zero to none firepower?
    ________
    Futura
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Beats being a helpless disembodied head! He makes the disembodied head of Straxus look good!

"Ha! Ha!"

*shrug*

I had a high degree of frustration with this episode. There were nice little moments with nods to G1 and BW but overall too many story elements felt incredibly dumbed down to make it interesting. That infamous villain at the start doesn't need me commenting much more than others here already have.

I was particularly fond of the Soundwave upgrades but what irked at me immeasurably was the key. Like Robzy, I've just about had it with the stupid thing. What they key did achieve in this episode was make me shrug at Soundwave's return. Sure I did like it was happening but it felt so cringeworthy.

I also agree with the sentiment that this is far more Shockwave than Soundwave but ultimately it didn't matter b/c a lot of enthusiasm I had for the good parts were rained on by all those annoying elements someone thought it was wise to throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    *shrug*

I had a high degree of frustration with this episode. There were nice little moments with nods to G1 and BW but overall too many story elements felt incredibly dumbed down to make it interesting. That infamous villain at the start doesn't need me commenting much more than others here already have.

I was particularly fond of the Soundwave upgrades but what irked at me immeasurably was the key. Like Robzy, I've just about had it with the stupid thing. What they key did achieve in this episode was make me shrug at Soundwave's return. Sure I did like it was happening but it felt so cringeworthy.

I also agree with the sentiment that this is far more Shockwave than Soundwave but ultimately it didn't matter b/c a lot of enthusiasm I had for the good parts were rained on by all those annoying elements someone thought it was wise to throw in.
    I agree and that is the primary issue that I have with this episode but for me its also the overall series. The 'cringeworthy' moments are way too common and last way too long hampering my enjoyment of any promising elements that the plot may have.

The core plot of a disembodied Megatron scheming to regain a new body and hamper the Autobots is brilliant storytelling in concept and an excellent twist since Megatron in the past has always been depicted as ever powerful, never vulnerable. However the ever intrusive and time consuming overly 'silly' elements and settings (slumberparty, trickortreating, birthday party, pony princess, absurdly dumb professor, etc, etc) ruin what otherwise would be an excellent plot premise and before long the cringe moments begin to outweigh the good moments making an episode frustrating to watch.

After 10 episodes the tone and mood of the series has been set and it is very unlikely to come away from it and sadly this is not to my taste. This is the first Transformers series that I have found so frustratingly annoying to watch that I am quiting watching it altogether, not even Armada and its dumb Pokamon plot managed that, so this is a first.
    ________
    Upskirt teen
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:34 PM.

yea i liked this ep, does anyone have any pics of what the soundwave toy is if there is one?

Yep.

Down the bottom with Laserbeak.

Guys, I've moved the general discussion of Animated pros and cons to the Animated General Discussion thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=601