Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Transformers ongoing series - November

Post New Transformers ongoing series - November

Hey all,

Saw this post on comicbookresources about new ongoing series launch of Transformers in November by IDW Publishing. Nice cover art but I'm not feeling the semi-organic face look.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22988

Yeah those faces are definatly looking kinda bizarre.. Bot artwork looks pretty cool though

isnt this going to be done by Don????? He's artwork at Dreamwave was awesome!! Pity they never got to complete it!! I get very frustrated at what that series could have been Maybe he changed his style for this one, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    isnt this going to be done by Don????? He's artwork at Dreamwave was awesome!! Pity they never got to complete it!! I get very frustrated at what that series could have been Maybe he changed his style for this one, I dunno.
    He's changed it recently. There was an issue of All Hail Megatron where the new look appeared. It'll probably evolve a bit more...

I'm glad they're making it an ongoing series. Not a fan of the f'ugly faces. They should rotate between different artists.

I thought the 2 Transformers Movies were already bad enough with their designs, but why make the autobot all look like they're decepticons with all those evil faces?

Bumblebee looks like he's gonna take a bite out of ravage...

I like the movie aesthetics (they give the movie TFs an exotic otherworldliness and their "organic" streamlined bodies allow for more practically realistic range of motion), but I don't like the way that Don's trying to blend it with Neo-G1... it's like mixing oil and water.

Movie Transformers don't go around bearing crap-eating grins. (-_-)

So they have gone with the worst TF art in the IDW run (AHM #13 story 1) for the ongoing.

No surprise since they will want to run off the back of the movies success, but it's a style I cannot endorse. So unless the writing is simply superb, I'll be skipping the IDW comics from now on. I had been looking forward to the ongoing lifting the Transformers comic back to the level it was pre McCarthy, but with the art style now confirmed my last vestige of interest has been sapped.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Not pretty is it

yuk at the faces