Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortress Maximus

Default Fortress Maximus

i have finally purchased a complete fort max. My question to the more experienced members is: with Australia when buying 2nd hand toys from overseas what customs, duties or taxes apply once the toy value or cost is declared ?

further info its comming from the states

kind regards

From my understanding, as long as it is sub-$1k AUD, you should be fine.

sub ? as in 0 ?

further confirmation guys ?

As in less than $1000 AUD

okay cheers

Im in the same boat just bought a complete Fort Max, what if the toy was under $1,000 but the postage pushed the price over $1,000? do they include postage?

Some more info here:

Australian Customs

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Im in the same boat just bought a complete Fort Max, what if the toy was under $1,000 but the postage pushed the price over $1,000? do they include postage?
    I think the custom declaration on the package declares the value of the item, not inclusive of postage, so you should be fine.

However, if you're in doubt, you can perhaps request the seller to lower the amount declared slightly (somewhat illegal) to include the postage and remain under $1k

actually i have an email from australian customs (dating back to march 2009) which states that anything with a declared value over 900AUD will be subject to 5% duties and 10% GST.

website says 1,000AUD but email says 900AUD. Up to you but i'd declare less than 900AUD just to be sure.

I also dont think postage costs is considered in the declaration of the item but im not 100% sure abt that part.

1. From my understanding there is also a fixed fee (custom release/processing or something like that). Was it 45 bucks??? Can't remember.

2. Ask the seller kindly to put it as a gift. Pretty sure gifts still can get taxed.

BUT from my experience I think they are more leninent (not 100% sure), or maybe I just got lucky.

3. Postage costs is not included in the 1000 AUD threshold.

All the stuff I've bought that were declared greater than 1000 AUD have not been taxed they were however borderline...(i.e. +10%)

Ok cool, will just make sure the seller declares the value under $900AUS and will see what happens