1 6.25%
  • Stick with Transformers "damn those humans!"

8 50.00%
  • Stick with BOTH "and they live happily ever after"

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers vs. GI JOEs

Default Transformers vs. GI JOEs

I know this community is about transformers and all and probably majority of people would just pick TFs. But since I started collecting JOEs For some reason I am slowly getting drag into "The Joes" side with their articulations and posability that makes taking photos looks so0o0 damn cool, compare to the TFs. Hope people dont get me wrong but I love my TF its just that i think im in the phase that I'm loving the JOES more than the TFs... someone shed me some light and probably try to convince me back on the TF side. or is it the JOEs are new toys for me? so should I

Stick with GI JOES
    Stick with TRANSFORMERS
    Stick with BOTH

Stick with GI Joes (so you can then offload some of your TFs to me!) lol

Stick with both! That way when one line gets boring there's always a back up to collect, either way Hasbro has your soul money so its winwin... for them ( and THEY live happily ever after)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

harharhar... thanks guys that really helps lol its a bloody expensive hoppy the JOEs i tell yah but i love it... specially army building. but i love the henkeis and rotfs so much i cant stop until i got them all!!! har hgar gar grrrrrrr

Stick with BOTH! haha!

My first passion for collecting is definitely for TFs, but there is always room for some GiJoes on the side as well - as long as Hasbro keep em coming

Get the ones you like from both.

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Stick with BOTH! haha!

My first passion for collecting is definitely for TFs, but there is always room for some GiJoes on the side as well - as long as Hasbro keep em coming
    This is goin to be really bloody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Get the ones you like from both.
    hmmmm? I love all the JOES 25th Anniversary AND All my Henkeis and ROTFS... its going to be one happy hasbro

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah, do both. I'm a 70% Gi Joe collector, 30% Transformers. I mainly collect classic TFs, so thank you Hasbro for the movie line! Money saved!

A lack of poseability hasn't really been an issue for Transformers since 1996. Yeah sure, a lot of Joes are more articulated, but they don't transform. Overall Transformers have a LOT more moving parts - not just for robot mode poseability, but think of all the individual bits that need to move and shift for transformation. So in that context I find Transformers are more awesome.

But ultimately it depends on your tastes - do you prefer soldiers or transforming robots? If you like both then go with Ode to a Grasshopper's advice and just get what you like from both lines. It's always fun to mix in toys from other lines from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics
    but i love it... specially army building.
    You'd better not click here then.

I prefer to just get the toys I like from any range (the best of the best of both worlds ), If your not a completist then getting both can be managable. And it all comes down to personal taste, both toy types have features the other can't match so there's not much point going on about why you should collect this over that based on them.

As Liege said you can collect one when the other goes through a dry patch. I know last year I picked up more Joes than Transformers, this year I'd say the TF's are on top.

if you only realy like Your Henkeis, or Your 25th Anniversary Joes you can always purge select portions of your collection. I decided that I no longer had any love of my Action Masters so I sold em. I'm probably going to do the same with some of my ARAH Joes to. No point keeping stuff you don't really want.

I'm certainly digging the pics i've seen of next years joes though, but then there's Bludgeon.