Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bludgeon box pics

That's just typical of Hasbro's packaging - chuck a toy in a box that's half air so it looks big on shelf from a distance... then charge more money for it too. :/ That's why most of my Hasbro boxes end up in the recycling bin.

It's interesting how TakaraTOMY uses the same size packaging for their movie and ROTF toys which would be frustrating for Japanese collectors who aren't as accustomed to such big space-wasting packaging (because a lot of Japanese homes are small and pokey) and also Japanese collectors like to keep toys in package (due to the frequent amount of seismic activity, that's why Japanese toy packaging is usually designed so that opened toys can be easily placed back into their packaging, including carded figures)

Bludgeon looks neat. I like the darker green. I'd like to see a Bludgeon figure later on that looks more like the inner robot instead of the Pretender shell, but I suppose that the Pretender shell image is far more iconic considering that Bludgeon very seldomly came out of his shell in G1/G2.

Maybe hasbro could do a zeppelin transformer?

The old Bludgeon robot was really a rather generic looking TF compared to his much more memorable Pretender Shell. Something about this ones new head still bugs me a little though, but he is such a good reinterpretation of Bludgeon overall, that I'm sure I'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper
    Maybe hasbro could do a zeppelin transformer?
    Like Hearts of Steel Scourge! XD

Even though I expected those lovely promo pics provided by Hasbro would be all prettie'd up compared to the production figure, I am still looking forward to this guy alot! I am a sucker for Samurai and fuedal Japan in general, so combine that with TF's and you got my cash =oP

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    *sigh* Why do these lucky "I got it first" people usually have no artistic flair when taking the shots? I mean c'mon, atleast put him in a cool pose instead of looking like an upright corpse (no pun intended considering his head mould). Anyhoo, he's still a definate buy for me, and good job on finding the pics =o)

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Transforming him properly would be good too. Going by the boxart, the grey hinges on the behind shot, and the wakizashi holder location in tank mode he should have thigh armor - as he's transformed there he just has child-bearing hips and a kibbletastic big butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisun
    *sigh* Why do these lucky "I got it first" people usually have no artistic flair when taking the shots?
    Do you think they're taking the shots for the benefit of fellow fans or just so they can boast about having it first? I find so many video so-called toy reviews are like that... a review (think of a film or book review) is meant to be a critical/analytical appraisal; if you love or loathe something it helps to explain _why_ instead of just drooling all over a toy for no apparent reason other than the fact that they have it!

Either that or they're crap photographers like me.

erm what is that last photo meant to show anyway? that the turret cockpit splits? why does it even need to split.... what's inside? wish they had a comparison shot with another figure, for size thingie.... is there a review out there somewhere already to explain the fig more a bit, than pictures can.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]