Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon - I need to trade!

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I'll have to buy this one.
    If you do, do it before November, there is a wifi event to get shaymin running for Platinum only at the moment. Knowing the way these events run it'll be the only chance you get to nab the bugger legitimately.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

How do the wifi events work?

I hate how Nintendo teases the fans like this. Realease the games for over 2 years and still no events, not even in U.S. And they give us the crappyest events like lvl 50 darkrai (No event), Rotom event and manaphy egg. All useless, no shaimin or arceus.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Easy.
    Step one: Step up your wi-fi by going into wi-fi settings and linking your ds with your broadband router.

Step two: There is a item in your inventory called pal pad winch has your own friend code in it.

Step three: You get your friend code and you get your mates code and you add each other, sorta like msn.

Step four: Go to the pokemon center basement level and speak to the lady and you can go and battle or trade with friends who are online.

Thats pretty much it. For more questions and enquires please feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    All you need is a wireless internet connection. If you dont have one at home, head down to your local Maccas/other stores with free wifi. Wifi has to be WEP.

Then use the mystery gift option from the start menu to accept the gift. You can then pick up the gift from a Pokemart. If you dont have the Mystery gift option, you have to talk to the tv producer in Jubilife city and say certain words, check out gamefaqs or similar for what you need to say.

And I agree Black Optimus, it's pretty stupid to not have a Shaymin available for Diamond and Pearl, 2 years after their release, and make things Platinum exclusive, purely to make people buy the third version.

At least we get events now, befoer wi-fi anywhere that wasnt Japan or the USA got nothing.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Trunksie is right, I don't have a second Arceus because I don't hack my guys. The way I got Arceus was use the Action Replay to 'tell' my game I have the Azure Flute, no different to if I had received it via Mystery Gift in a Nintendo Event. Then it's just a matter of getting him the legitimate way that's built in to the game. Same with Darkrai and Shaymin.

Nintendo are incredibly hopeless when it comes to running Events in Australia. At least these days with Wi-fi there's another way of receiving the event gift so you don't have to go into a TRU just to get it.

I'm happy too knowing the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver will see a totally new game in about two years.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Arceus isn't available yet, theres been no event for him, so anyone who has one has hacked it.
    Actually, he was given out in Japan.
    If you went to see the 12th Movie you could download it to Pokemon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum
    It is special and unlocks an event in HeartGold and SoulSilver

Serebii has more details
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I have to get my game back in my DS and go attempt the final bosses in Diamond. I've been putting if off as I don't think my elite pokemon are quite up to scratch but levelling them up is time consuming.

Why is there no Exp All type item in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?

It has occured to me that if I can't defeat the bosses in Diamond after several attempts I might need to temporarily trade Pokemon with a master trainer (Golden Phoenix I'm looking at you) so I defeat those final bosses.

I never clocked Pokemon Silver as I never got past the elite four in that game (and missed out on the second round of gym leaders in that game). I do plan to get the remake of that game and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Why is there no Exp All type item in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?
    The exp-all is now called exp-share. Same thing, but only 1 Pokemon gets to share.
    You can either win one from the Jubilife TV lotto or get it off Rowan's aide on route 206

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It has occured to me that if I can't defeat the bosses in Diamond after several attempts I might need to temporarily trade Pokemon with a master trainer (Golden Phoenix I'm looking at you) so I defeat those final bosses.
    I could give you my big gun, but you wouldn't need anything else
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    The exp-all is now called exp-share. Same thing, but only 1 Pokemon gets to share.
    You can either win one from the Jubilife TV lotto or get it off Rowan's aide on route 206
    Yes I've got exp-share (it helped me raise Riolu from an egg quickly) but I miss being able to give all of my characters some exp points using one of my more powerful pokemon out front