Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegemites "iSnack 2.0"

i still haven't tried it

although the mixture of cream cheese and vegemite sounds wrong

i think i'll give it a shot if i find one of those super rare jars

Well it looks like it's official:

Name scrapped

Btw, it tastes like crap!

Original is still the best (albeit only in small quantities, not an inch thick of the stuff like how i_amtrunks enjoys it!) lol

It actually tastes quite nice, I reckon. It's a creamy Vegemite, that is subtle enough to eat by the spoon, unlike the strong salty taste of the regular spread. When I tried a jar, I tried it on a teaspoon first, and ended up eating the whole lot (not all at once) by spoon, instead of on something like bread.
    Cheese and Vegemite is a popular combination (despite some saying it sounds horrible), but this doesn't have much of a cheesy taste to it. It is more creamy than cheesy.

The name was stupid though, and I don't know how it was even chosen. Whoever decided that name was the winner should be sacked. A spread has to sound right in common sentances that it is likely to be used in. 'isnack' just never articulated well enough like popular spreads do in a sentance.
    Last edited by griffin; 1st October 2009 at 10:57 AM.

I think its way better than the original, its not as strong but you go through it twice as fast.

I think the whole isnack 2.0 was to stir-up publicity!!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It actually tastes quite nice, I reckon. It's a creamy Vegemite, that is subtle enough to eat by the spoon, unlike the strong salty taste of the regular spread. When I tried a jar, I tried it on a teaspoon first, and ended up eating the whole lot (not all at once) by spoon, instead of on something like bread.
    Cheese and Vegemite is a popular combination (despite some saying it sounds horrible), but this doesn't have much of a cheesy taste to it. It is more creamy than cheesy.

The name was stupid though, and I don't know how it was even chosen. Whoever decided that name was the winner should be sacked. A spread has to sound right in common sentances that it is likely to be used in. 'ispread' just never articulated well enough like popular spreads do in a sentance.
    Agreed with all of this, except for the eating it off a spoon part. What's wrong with you?!??!

Biggest problem so far is that it's only been available in those reasonably expensive smaller sized jars.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

The name was stupid though, and I don't know how it was even chosen. Whoever decided that name was the winner should be sacked. A spread has to sound right in common sentances that it is likely to be used in. 'isnack' just never articulated well enough like popular spreads do in a sentance.
    It was better than I thought as well. We bought a jar ages ago to try, finally got round to opening it and trying it. Goes good with rice biscuits. I like it coz it is creamy, not really cheesy.
    I could almost eat the whole jar as well with a spoon

I do like the original as well, I spread it semi thinly on a piece of toast, my fiance has a thick layer of it. My dad hates it but what do you expect from a pom? Most people I speak to from that side of the world dont seem to like it.

(Tooheys Old kinda has a vegemite taste to it )

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    (Tooheys Old kinda has a vegemite taste to it )
    I agree, Old is a great beer, forget Apple's 'i'things. Call it Tooheys Old N'Cream Cheesy!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

i kinda like it, but you have to use more of it to get any flavour.. tricky kraft marketing!

I was watching the 7pm Project the other night and they said (not sure how reliably, but funny nonetheless) that iSnack was being scrapped, and a recent poll had come up with new replacement names:

1. fromage noir (dark cheese)
    2. voldemite (the cheese that must not be named)
    3. yer mum mite (lol)
    there was a fourth but i cant remember.. i thought voldemite was pretty funny!

I say call it Marmite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I say call it Marmite.
    I think there is already a crappy version of vegemite called that...