Thread: How the Heck do I sell Comics?

Default How the Heck do I sell Comics?

I've had Every Issue of Ultimate Spider-Man up on Ebay for quiet a while now and I've not had a single Bite.

I was under the impression it was..

A) One of the best written/drawn Comics around

B) Spider-Man Is Popular

C) The fact I had the price at nearly half of what each individual comic costs would be enough.

For some reason I'm getting absolutely hammered with Ebay lately, nothing seems to be selling.

Is ebay failing or something these days with the Economy lol?

Is it worth me ringing comic book stores to see if they want to buy them?

( Unrelated Note, I was given an offer of $120 for all my transformers on Ebay saying its all they are worth... Was not impressed given that Soundwave cost me nearly $80 alone... $3 a Transformer figure anyone? )

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    ( Unrelated Note, I was given an offer of $120 for all my transformers on Ebay saying its all they are worth... Was not impressed given that Soundwave cost me nearly $80 alone... $3 a Transformer figure anyone? )
    What you may have paid for something MISB and what it is worth are two conpletly different things.

Just because I paid $30 for my sideswipe when it was being sold at minatour doesn't mean that's what it's worth now MISB, let alone loose.

I've seen your auction several times and your beat bet is to split and sell individually, or take into account that, at most an ultra is worth 30, if not less with the recent sales, a voyager is worth 20 at most due to recent sales, and max for a deluxe would be $20 depending on which one it is, some will prob
    only be worth $10 max.

That and taking a photo of hat your actually selling rather than of most of what your selling with a note saying something not for sale and other things have been added will attract more potential buyers.

I don't think most second hand comic book back issues generally aren't worth much, especially since the comic book economic bubble bursted around 1992 thanks to way to many people going crazy and over purchasing comics. I knew someone who at the time intentionally went and purchased the first printings of the Death of Superman and Funeral For A Friend comics and kept them sealed (he bought second printings to open and read), and shortly after prices for back issues just plummeted and his comics are now worth sweet FA! But yeah, comic book back issues generally aren't worth that much. I bought #1 of Transformers about 8 years ago for $7 and the first volume of Dragonball in Japanese for 100JPY (the price of a can of Coke). Probably the only way a comic book back issue would be worth anything would be if it's decades old. Man... comic books are even _worse_ than toys when it comes to appreciation in value!!

Also keep in mind that it's still really easy to find Ultimate Spiderman TPBs in stores now, so unless the price of buying the books from you combined with postage is substantially cheaper than the shelf price at the local comic or book store (cos even stores like Borders stock graphic novels) then I guess most people may not see the point in buying from you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Probably the only way a comic book back issue would be worth anything would be if it's decades old.
    True, and even those that are decades old can still be picked up for a fiver.

Zaul I think the only ones you'll be able to sell are the first one and maybe if it's the rarer cover.

Don't hold your breath man, sorry to say it especially with what you've been through

Maybe wait for the next convention or something?

Just kinda angry.

I paid $250 for them at the toy fair, then an extra $150 to get the rest of the ones I needed @_@ They were $25 each brand new no exceptions.

Maybe I'm just bad with money I cant seem to sell anything, and whenever I buy something I pay what they are asking, sometimes less if I haggle.
    Last edited by Zaul; 5th October 2009 at 08:36 PM.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

hey man, i've got no idea about value of comics or anything but when you say ebay, are you talking about selling internationally or locally? I mean if you haven't considered it, the law of averages are in your favour a bit more than they would be in than just in aus..

Hey Zaul
    Ive sold a fair few comics on ebay before, but in recent years ive noticed that people buy the TPB/Graphic novels more because there collections of about 5 issues for roughly $20. Where if you buy the individual comics itl be around $25
    I personaly changed my preferences to TPBs because i find there better than having single 100 issues, and it works out cheaper aswell. they also look good on a book shelf!

So maybe thats the reason why?
    What i used to do was sell them in bulk lot of about 5, the ultimate spiderman series has story arcs so mayb if you sell collected story arcs it might be better?

On a side note the ultimate spider-man collection is the best ever!

well i hope you can sell them!

zaul are you selling the comics or trades? If your selling the comics send me a pm with a photo and price and I might take them off your hands