6 12.24%
  • getting when its below $100

16 32.65%
  • never getting because too expensive

4 8.16%
  • never getting because its crap

19 38.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: to devastate or not to devatate, that is the question!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The crane (Hightower) forms Devastator's left arm as you can see here. Perhaps you are referring to Overload, the articulated dump truck. He is seen assembling in the quarry with his fellow Constructicons and merging to form Devastator.
    Yeah - I meant Overload. I couldn't remember which one I was thinking about when I was typing the message.
    He had more screen time than Sideways!
    I'll pay that.

I didn't use those words. I did explain the gimmick as accurately as I could and did tell them that it did seem really fun and awesome to play with. I even told them about how Jhiaxus was able to feed an entire rubber chicken through it! I never told them that it was a bad toy or anything, merely pointed out the fact that it was missing 1 Constructicon and couldn't transform into individual robots, which they weren't aware of.
    Maybe I was a little condescending, but I felt I was being pressured to agree with your point of view even when I may have come to a different conclusion on what I want even knowing all the things you mentioned.

I personally wouldn't. _Maybe_ if it got below $70? But that's just me.
    "you" being used in the impersonal, general sense, not you personally. At $170 I'm definately out, but at $130 I'm considering it. I'll put it on layby and see what I think over the next 8 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime
    Maybe I was a little condescending, but I felt I was being pressured to agree with your point of view even when I may have come to a different conclusion on what I want even knowing all the things you mentioned.
    Whether you agree or disagree with me is entirely up to you. I hope that if you do decide to spend $130 on it that you'll be happy with your purchase and find it worth the money you spent. As long as you're happy with your purchase.

impressive results in the polls. not entirely suprised though

I had a quick look at Devestator today at the shops, I do admit his size and gaping maw are impressive. I revise my previous statement I'd consider paying up to $75-80 for him now.

I got one at the Kmart sale and i like it a lot, with staff discount it was under $115. I think for around $130 it is a good buy and anything under is a bargain.

That is if you like him...

Its a big pass for me. I considered buying it on 2 conditions.
    1.The sheer size alone impresses. I remember my "wow" that engulfed me when I opened my Fort Maxx.
    2. The vehicle modes look really good.

It fails on both accounts.
    The size, sure its big, but its only as tall as Bumblebee. Not enough to warrant spending that amount of dosh. The bulk adds a little, but it still looks like a pile of plastic crap IMO.

Considering how there aren't robot modes for the vehicles, I would have expected better looing ones. Unfortunately they are lame and dodgy looking. Mixmasters massive cement barrel for one and Longhaul doesnt look quite right either.

If I got a free one, I might keep it.

I brought it full price. Had been in a drought so when i saw him just grabbed it.
    Not worth the money. Had to take batteries out of Mixmaster cause the noise doesn't stop in vehicle mode.
    He does look impressive on the shelf though.

I too purchased Devastator as soon as I saw it and..well. Meh.
    Of course I've gottena lot of ROTF stuff and thought Meh.
    In a perfect world it would be twice the size and all the the components would transform to vehicle and robot. Of course in a perfect world Takara makes a G1 Masterpiece Devastator too.
    I wish the world was as cool as could be in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You _like_ the concept of six (even though there should be seven) vehicles that don't transform but can merge into a giant robot?... Earlier today I was at TRU and saw Supreme Devastator in the hands of a young couple. I struck up a conversation with them and it turned out that they were completely unaware that the set was "missing" one Constructicon
    This isn't true though. Legends EZ Devastator is the one that's "missing" one Constructicon. (Supreme Devastator is "missing" two. Neither of the toys have the eighth yellow Constructicon digger that helps form Devastator in the movie as the gestalt's left hand. Consequently, denigrating Supreme Devastator for his lack of numerical accuracy while lauding Legends EZ Devvy doesn't make any sense.

And that's not even counting the mysterious invisible second crane that forms Devastator's balls. )

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I wish the world was as cool as could be in my head.
    I read this as "I wish the world was as cool as head." Eep

Sky Shadow, I think it's best that the twin wrecking balls are left unexplained. The less attention paid to them, the better.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister