6 12.24%
  • getting when its below $100

16 32.65%
  • never getting because too expensive

4 8.16%
  • never getting because its crap

19 38.78%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: to devastate or not to devatate, that is the question!

Default to devastate or not to devatate, that is the question!

this week, saw devastator combiner in the target catalog for $130 is it worth it.
    i've always been 50/50 about this guy, some reviews have been good, others bad, some pictures make it look good, other make it look terrible. never have i been so conflicted whether or not to buy a transformer usually its buy or no buy decision that i come to very quickly based on what i look for in a transformer that makes it appeal to me.

personally i love the character, he was awesomeness in the movie, the toy however has is pluses and negatives and at such a high price point it makes it hard to throw money at it considering some of the negatives.

what do you guys think

The toy is just too expensive. I just cannot bring myself to pay that much for a gestalt that:
    a/ Cannot transform into individual robots.
    b/ Has rather unimpressive looking individual vehicles.
    c/ Has a rather ungainly looking combined mode (Devastator).
    d/ Is missing a Constructicon! (Overload)

As I mentioned before on the ROTF toy thread, if they're going to sacrifice Devastator's ability to transform into individual robots then they need to compensate by making the toy otherwise completely kick-arse. IMO Supreme Devastator _should_ have a kick-arse looking combined robot mode and kick-arse looking individual vehicles; but he doesn't. To me the vehicles look PlaySkool and the combined mode is just too simplistic (even the Legends version looks better in some way). So to me, the sacrifice of the individual robots has _not_ been justified by the rest of the toy and subsequently I cannot justify paying anything over $100 for it.

I voted on "never getting because too expensive." If it's heavily discounted I might think about getting it - but that's still a massive maybe. :/

Currently I'm happy with my Legends (EZ Collection) Devastator. _Much_ better value for money IMO considering that they can separate into individual vehicles that can transform into robots, and for such small and relatively simple and inexpensive figures, they're pretty well designed. Especially Scrapper, he's pure win.

When it's $50 at Big W or in the clearance cage at Kmart, then I will get it.

That's what I paid for Armada Unicron, Primus and Omega Supreme, and that's all I feel its worth to me.

Quite happy to go Devestatorless If this never happens.

Wait until someone makes an add-on kit that gives him wrecking balls.

Now I chose "never buy because its crap" but if i was to find one for say $50 id buy it just so i can make him eat things NOM NOM NOM

I'd buy one for $65 or less.

I'll get it if you pay me

though that devvy thread has made it more interesting!

Pass 'cos it looks crap IMO.

I want the G1-coloured 2004 Universe mini-Devastator for Odieverse Devs.

well i voted crap! while his size is impressive, I just think I would hate myself for getting one at any price. However if they did a G1 devastator like this, I would almost definately buy! and I'm not talking about this being repainted, I'm thinking of one with pure G1 Aesthetics.

Edit. I guess if you love the movie toys, this one is the ultimate to display with the rest of your movie collection. For this reason I can understand people wanting this. I'm not really a fan, is why I really don't like it.

So you'd buy an upsized Action Master Devastator?