Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fansproject TFX-Defender prototype pics

No I was just kidding, it looks to be a stand alone figure. First of its kind I believe by FP? I'm not really a follower so not 100% sure. If it is, then yeh we can expect a fat price on this - considering the recent addon kits sell for heaps.

Duh. I misinterpreted the ''.

Yeah, Fans Project's stuff is really good quality though, and I don't have a Springer in my collection at all, so I'll definitely be preordering this one.

Now, if they'd only make a new head for Darkwing that would be sweet

Defender looks sweet (and coincidentally totally legally distinct from any TF I've ever seen before), luvvin' the armored car mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    I do agree with you that Hasbro's focus is kiddys, but across the ocean there's a company called TakaraTomy that can fill the collectors market if they got permission from the daddy.
    Yup. I carefully avoided mentioning TakTomy, as it's possible they might be able to do something of the nature. Not having a direct "in" to the Japanese toy market and relevant legalities and economies, though, I thought I'd be better off simply leaving it out of the discussion until someone with more info could step up.

Still, it's an interesting idea: reworkings of old characters in a cross between Classics and Masterpiece style. Would the resulting profits be worth a major toy company's time and resources, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Geminii View Post
    Yup. I carefully avoided mentioning TakTomy, as it's possible they might be able to do something of the nature. Not having a direct "in" to the Japanese toy market and relevant legalities and economies, though, I thought I'd be better off simply leaving it out of the discussion until someone with more info could step up.

Still, it's an interesting idea: reworkings of old characters in a cross between Classics and Masterpiece style. Would the resulting profits be worth a major toy company's time and resources, though?
    Millions of happy Transformers customers? I think thats profit enough for them