Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TF Animated General Discussion

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think some people are just looking in the wrong place for their expectations.

As Roller said:

animated is not BW
    Now those of you who know who you are, need to say that until your mouths dry out and your vocal cords fail to realise it and move on to something else.

Whinge whinge whinge beast wars, whinge whinge is getting FAR too old. Yet I expect to see more posts brewed with this exact formula tomorrow.
    ________
    FORD FUSION (EUROPE)
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Whinge whinge whinge beast wars, whinge whinge is getting FAR too old. Yet I expect to see more posts brewed with this exact formula tomorrow.
    Everyone is entitled to express their (measured) opinions on this topic - regardless of their stance. Please respect that.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Um, there is not a collective disdain for the cartoon. Quite a few of us enjoy it for what it is, a children's cartoon for a children's toyline. I like the uniqueness of this animation for a TF series, the small but interesting cast, the Decepticons appearing as unique threats and the fact that it is fun.
    I'd like to throw y voice behind Paulbot's assessment - I'm quite happy to watch it for what it is, and have been enjoying it immensely, whereas I haven't even bothered with the last 4 TF cartoon post-BM (RiD - Cybertron)
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    I'd like to throw y voice behind Paulbot's assessment - I'm quite happy to watch it for what it is, and have been enjoying it immensely, whereas I haven't even bothered with the last 4 TF cartoon post-BM (RiD - Cybertron)
    I really wish I was tolerant enough of this new series to watch it all.

I didn't particularly like the Unicron Trilogy series but I was able to watch them from beginning to end even if they weren't exactly satisfying. This is something that I am unable to do with Animated, I just come out annoyed and pissed off at the end of an episode.

I guess that my main issue here is that I see potential story wise in Animated but within the same episode I see this potential trashed, spat and overall ruined by ridiculous concepts and themes that end up dominating much of the episode.

With the Unicron series, at least they were consistent and allowed you to watch them for what they were..Animated shows you something awesome one second and something appallingly bad the next, usually leaving a bad taste in the mouth for the remainder of the episode. I just can't enjoy a series that way.
    Last edited by kup; 2nd March 2008 at 12:20 AM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

The only thing I really don't like about Animated is that damn 'magic' Allspark Key of Sari's!!!! Aside from that, I'm actually quite enjoying it too!

And I agree - the show is really aimed at kids first, and adult fans second. But that's okay! There's one definitive way to get around this... An animation studio needs to make a "re-make" of the original G1 series (with as many of the original voice actors as possible), direct to DVD and aimed at adult fans! And there should be no toys - that way the writers can base a story around any character they want, instead of what toy needs to be promoted!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    There's one definitive way to get around this... An animation studio needs to make a "re-make" of the original G1 series (with as many of the original voice actors as possible), direct to DVD! And there should be no toys - that way the writers can base a story around any character they want, instead of what toy needs to be promoted!
    good idea, about as likely as finding Sarah Michelle Gellar in my bed tonight though

heheh yeah. There's no way HasTak would ever fund a television series based on a non-existent toyline that they're not trying to sell. Remember that Transformer TV series are essentially advertisements for the toys. No toys, no show.

But it is possible to do this in comic books, and Dreamwave and IDW etc have provided us with numerous comic book series not bound by any TF toy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy
    And I agree - the show is really aimed at kids first, and adult fans second. But that's okay!
    I don't mind the fact that adult fans are a secondary concern for the writers... what irks me more is that they're not really trying that hard to engage the adult audience at a serious level.

Beast Wars was primarily aimed at kids yet even at a secondary level it did effectively engage older audiences.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

But it is possible to do this in comic books, and Dreamwave and IDW etc have provided us with numerous comic book series not bound by any TF toy lines.
    I thought it was cool how the IDW stories have taken 'toys' from different lines and used them...
    Titanium OP, Classics Jetfire and G1 Technobots all in the one story. That's how I like my universe.

Ok will try watching Animated again and more than just the first episode from a (much) simpler perspective but I fear my base hatred will lose none of it's maliciousness.

Actually Titanium Optimus Prime was based off Dreamwave's War Within Optimus Prime... I don't recall IDW ever using that design as I imagine it would infringe copyright. That's why IDW used Classics Jetfire instead of DW's War Within Jetfire (which is what Titanium Series Jetfire is).

The War Within Jetfire

Classics Jetfire

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Ok just checked and OP in IDW isn't exactly like the titanium version as his chest isn't so prominent but he does have those bars across his headlights which is why I thought it was.

My very valid point still stands though.....

I thought it was cool how the IDW stories have taken 'toys' from different lines and used them...