Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What is the general price of these ? Need Help

Hello Chaps,

I picked up a MISB Transformers Six Liner C-370 G1 1991 a few years back which was graded by a now closed company at 8.8.

Can someone give me a general figure $$ as I am thinking of selling this soon and have no idea about its general value atm ?

Thank you.

Just picked up a loose-complete in box MP Delta Magnus for less than $75. Even with about $55 shipping it still works out cheaper than the original approx. $120 RRP. I can still see other similar-condition MP Delta Magni selling at $100-110 on Mandarake. Not surprising to see how cheap these toys are considering what a massive shelfwarmer MP Delta Magnus was.

Sure beats paying $40k for the Diaclone version.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just picked up a loose-complete in box MP Delta Magnus for less than $75. Even with about $55 shipping it still works out cheaper than the original approx. $120 RRP. I can still see other similar-condition MP Delta Magni selling at $100-110 on Mandarake. Not surprising to see how cheap these toys are considering what a massive shelfwarmer MP Delta Magnus was.

Sure beats paying $40k for the Diaclone version.
    Nice score Gok, there are nice G1 Powered Convoys for under $1000 getting around, although not MISB
    I've been surprised generally how poorly the diaclone coloured MP's have sold, there is always the initial mad interest but they just don't do very well in the longer term.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

This toy didn't do well even in the short term. I saw Delta Magni shelfwarming in Japanese stores when I was there in 2016, and I still found shelfwarming MP Road Rages in Japan just last year.

I'm not surprised that the Diaclone repaints don't sell well. I'm more surprised that TakaraTOMY saw fit to release them as mass-store produced figures and yet the Coneheads were limited exclusives. Wuh?! I know that Exhaust has sold well, but he seems to be the exception rather than the rule. On the whole I think that it makes more sense for Diaclone based figures to be released as limited exclusives. Sure, being a shelfwarmer can work out well for collectors because we can get these toys cheaper later on, but it's not good for the brand which in the long term is not great for collectors.

This toy didn't do well even in the short term. I saw Delta Magni shelfwarming in Japanese stores when I was there in 2016, and I still found shelfwarming MP Road Rages in Japan just last year.

I'm not surprised that the Diaclone repaints don't sell well. I'm more surprised that TakaraTOMY saw fit to release them as mass-store produced figures and yet the Coneheads were limited exclusives. Wuh?! I know that Exhaust has sold well, but he seems to be the exception rather than the rule. On the whole I think that it makes more sense for Diaclone based figures to be released as limited exclusives. Sure, being a shelfwarmer can work out well for collectors because we can get these toys cheaper later on, but it's not good for the brand which in the long term is not great for collectors.
    Yeah I agree, it particularly had a negative effect on the Oz market with Road Rage and although not a Diaclone repaint but a JP release, Star Sabre who is an awesome MP also ended up on clearance. Surely Tak/Tom and to a further extent TRU Oz know that stocking more popular MP's at such ridiculous prices would have better chance selling. The lack of coneheads and even Thundercracker anywhere is just baffling.

I know that Exhaust has sold well, but he seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
    I reckon that was because of the Marlboro style paintjob.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Destructicon View Post
    Hello Chaps,

I picked up a MISB Transformers Six Liner C-370 G1 1991 a few years back which was graded by a now closed company at 8.8.

Can someone give me a general figure $$ as I am thinking of selling this soon and have no idea about its general value atm ?

Thank you.

Man that's sounds like a sweet piece, I'd say just MISB on its own it would fetch up to $300 depending on box, while I collect sealed and JP Tf's I am not much of an expert on the graded figure pricing structure, but in a nice sealed display case with a grade maybe $500.

May well be a silly question but anyone know a reasonable price to pay for a SS86 Grimlock? I saw one for A$240 which seems a lot but I don’t really know.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, that's around a 250% increase in what it sold for only two years ago, at mass-market retail on pretty much every shelf it might be imagined on. There will be tens of thousands of the things out there.

Seems unreasonable to me, and I would guess that it can be found elsewhere for a lot less if you are patient and look around. In fact if you search for "studio series Grimlock" instead of "ss86 Grimlock" on ebay you can get it for a lot less from within Australia (although yes there is a late tax - I'd grab this one if it were me).

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Well, that's around a 250% increase in what it sold for only two years ago, at mass-market retail on pretty much every shelf it might be imagined on. There will be tens of thousands of the things out there.

Seems unreasonable to me, and I would guess that it can be found elsewhere for a lot less if you are patient and look around. In fact if you search for "studio series Grimlock" instead of "ss86 Grimlock" on ebay you can get it for a lot less from within Australia (although yes there is a late tax - I'd grab this one if it were me).
    Thank you on both accounts!
    Ba weep granna weep ninny bong