Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 556570717273747576777879808595 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

I went past a collectibles shop in melbourne and they had I think the Universe Special Edition Optimus Prime (comes in a black book style box with white art on it) and also the Megatron in the same edition. The guy wanted $90 for the Optimus. Is that reasonable or too much or not enough?

I was slightly confused because also in the same store, there was a differently packaged 'ultimate battle' 2-pack which seemed to contain the exact same Optimus Prime and a green painted Megatron, for only $60.

While I think the special black box looks pretty sweet, not sure if it is worth $30 more for what looks to be the same toy!

There was also a $40 classics Hot Rod I think, I've never had a Hot Rod figure so tempted to grab that unless again you guys think it's too much?

What kind of price would you pay for an encore 20/20a?

Cheers for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I can't exactly answer you on the price, but that is one sexy-looking box condition.
    I reckon 150-200. Sexy. Yes, very

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    I reckon 150-200. Sexy. Yes, very
    I agree with TheShape, Galvatron looks good, maybe I would quote a little higher - in the region of $175-$200, its got the additional stryo and card pieces, robot points attached, box flap is pretty straight, tape still sealed on one end. I would assume the electronics still work. It would be a nice addition to any collection.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I went past a collectibles shop in melbourne and they had I think the Universe Special Edition Optimus Prime (comes in a black book style box with white art on it) and also the Megatron in the same edition. The guy wanted $90 for the Optimus. Is that reasonable or too much or not enough?

I was slightly confused because also in the same store, there was a differently packaged 'ultimate battle' 2-pack which seemed to contain the exact same Optimus Prime and a green painted Megatron, for only $60.

While I think the special black box looks pretty sweet, not sure if it is worth $30 more for what looks to be the same toy!

There was also a $40 classics Hot Rod I think, I've never had a Hot Rod figure so tempted to grab that unless again you guys think it's too much?

What kind of price would you pay for an encore 20/20a?

Cheers for any help!
    I think I know that store. Way overpriced. I reckon $40 tops for the black box style Optimus. Even then, it's not a good figure. Ditto for Megs.

If the Classics Hot Rod is the first release, his demand was high before, but there have been a couple released since then. Not too bad for a first release, haggle him to $30 if you can. $30 seems like a right price for him these days.

Encore 20/20A?
    ~$100-$110

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Encore 20/20A?
    ~$100-$110
    Should be just about right

thanks for all the info!
    can you tell me the exact type of optimus prime I'm talking about if you know? So I can look up some reviews in general. I find it hard to keep track of what version of what figure is what release, even with tfwiki....

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    thanks for all the info!
    can you tell me the exact type of optimus prime I'm talking about if you know? So I can look up some reviews in general. I find it hard to keep track of what version of what figure is what release, even with tfwiki....
    http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/classicsprime.php

That Prime & Megatron have been released in a few decos, my favs being the United versions:

UN-06 Optimus Prime
    UN-25 Tank Megatron

Megatran Guest

Price check. Thanks in advance.

New Year Special Convoy (2002) MIB versus MISB.