Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 596974757677787980818283848999 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Hey - you weren't ripped off on the Omega - here's a boxed one that sold for the same price a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Hey - you weren't ripped off on the Omega - here's a boxed one that sold for the same price a month ago.
    I don't think one example of a complete Omega Supreme qualifies as a definitive answer. It's probably more of a once-off rather than the norm. I would definitely expect to get more than $60 for one in immaculate condition.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Perhaps the aftermarket price of Omega Supreme has been depreciated by the reissue, which was a big shelf-warmer (and thus readily available for some time). I personally still saw Encore Omega Supreme shelf warming as late as 2012 (some four years after its release; that's Combiner Class Devastator level of shelfwarmage! )

<shrugs>

P.S.: Should this thread be merged with the Price Check/What's It Worth? thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't think one example of a complete Omega Supreme qualifies as a definitive answer. It's probably more of a once-off rather than the norm. I would definitely expect to get more than $60 for one in immaculate condition.
    That's just the best example, I could have posted about ten others from the last month alone. I know my childhood one cost $84.99 back in the eighties, but Omega Supreme is a toy that definitely got hit by the Encore release - for a looong time, one could get a MISB Encore toy for less than my grandparents paid thirtyish years ago. The main things that were of value in Paul's one were the full set of yellow clips and working electronics. Nevertheless, he definitely wasn't 'ripped off' and shouldn't think he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Nevertheless, he definitely wasn't 'ripped off' and shouldn't think he was.
    Shelf-warming or no, it still sells for US $199.90 on RK. If I sold one for $60 (which wouldn't happen), I'd definitely feel ripped off. Agree to disagree.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

I got my Omega Supreme 10 years ago for $90 loose complete; so even four years before the reissue I paid close to original RRP for one.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Shelf-warming or no, it still sells for US $199.90 on RK. If I sold one for $60 (which wouldn't happen), I'd definitely feel ripped off. Agree to disagree.
    the people feeling ripped off should be the ones paying $199 from rk

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    I tend to agree somewhat but a quick search of eBay.com.au shows 10 available - both Encore and vintage G1, currently ranging in prices from AU $205 (still being bid on with 2 days to go) up to AU $554 , so if it's a choice between paying eBay prices or RK, guess where I would be buying it from $60 dollars doesn't really sound fair now does it.

For the record, I bought mine (Encore version) 5 years ago from RK and paid US $79.90, but that was less than 12 months after it was released and therefore still being produced.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Megatran Guest

Anyone willing to let go of their non-reissue Omega Supreme MISB for $60 can PM me.