Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7686919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Based off ebay auction sales, not there are many, I reckon somewhere round $250, touch more for misb, touch less for mib.
    Someone tried selling one on a fb sales page for $350, it didnt sell. That's about the extent of it. They aren't too many of them, but the demand isn't really there either.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    ^ sure is. Its colour is meant to represent Optimus in the 86 movie when he passed away (or sleeping if you don't want to upset the kids too much). Only available in Japan with a small run of 2010 pieces. Aside from the lucky draws Primes, this is probably one of the harder to come by pieces depending on budget. Think some members here have scored great deals on him though so a matter of being patient and a bit lucky with this one.
    Thank you so much for the post. Answers every question I had, Thank you!

Do you think he is a great/good figure? Or a collector piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    There were only 2010 of them made (they were released in 2010).
    There have been a few sold on ebay in recent times by one seller, which gives you an idea of what the going rate is for him (factor in the quoted shipping from Singapore).

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_f...p2045573.m1684

Given the size of the box, with postage the price will mostly be too high for people to go after. I remember one last year on gumtree for $550.
    I got lucky last year when in Singapore on a national holiday - they had market type sales and a hobby store had one reduced to $400, needless to say I bought it

I would say its the 4th or 5th most expensive Masterpiece toy in the current market (I'll include the lucky draw one):
    Lucky draw MP-1
    Green Bape MP-10
    Red Bape MP-10
    MP-4s Sleep Convoy
    MP-7 Thundercracker
    MP-10 EVA Prime
    Grey Bape MP-10

These are the ones that you will be paying over the $400 mark
    Who OWNS THESE?????

o m g

Quote Originally Posted by VodooCaMo View Post
    Who OWNS THESE?????

o m g
    The gold megatron and bumblebee are regular masterpiece toys. MP-5G and MP-21G. Not expensive.
    The smaller prime and gold sideswipe are knock offs, not official.
    The big prime is also a knock off, but it is what the Lucky Draw prime would look like.

Here are all the official masterpiece toys:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_Masterpiece
    www.mariokart64.com

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just out of sheer curiosity, I wonder what the average aftermarket price for MP Alert is given the recent reissue. I recently acquired a G2 MP Lambor for 5000JPY (AU$63); same condition as the MP Alert being sold here (loose mint in box). I was surprised to see that the aftermarket price for this toy had depreciated from its original RRP of 6500JPY (AU$82). As I said, I paid about $100 for my MISB MP Alert off the aftermarket. But perhaps it's because MP G2 Lambor is essentially just a variant of a main MP toy (MP12) and also based on a less popular* rendition of that character whereas Alert, coming from early G1 (and also featuring in the G1 cartoon) enjoys far greater popularity (and thus demand).

Or is this simply a natural price difference between a mint sealed toy and a loose mint toy? I'm not a sealed collector, but for those who are, would a toy not being mint sealed command a significantly lower price? e.g. working off $100 for a MISB MP Alert then what would be a reasonable price for a LMIB MP Alert?

As you all know I rarely buy anything off the aftermarket, but I must confess that this discussion has piqued my curiosity. Thoughts?

-------------------------------------------------------------
    *As awesome as the G2 comics were, we know that it wasn't a strong seller being axed after only 12 issues. And the G2 franchise as a whole was arguably the lowest point in the Transformers brand.

I love my G2 MP Sideswipe, I've got him with his fluro stickers on and it looks glorious.
    I think he has gradually just depreciated over time being G2 like with the diaclone MP's there seems to be an early burst of demand but then it falls off a cliff once the die hards have them, I struggled to sell an MISB one about 2 1/2 years ago for around the $80 mark on e-bay.
    Alert has flooded the market with the reissue plus the + version and a tonne of knock offs, as much as I severely hate the KO market, it does affect the genuine market, so there is well and truly an over supply, although when I got mine it was hard to find a genuine one amongst the ultra cheap ($40 MISB posted!) fake ones.
    I think MISB $80 - $100 is the price window for Alert on e-bay, but I would lean to the lower side of the margin, and if you looked at overseas e-tailers it would probably be cheaper.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

The gold megatron and bumblebee are regular masterpiece toys. MP-5G and MP-21G. Not expensive.
    The smaller prime and gold sideswipe are knock offs, not official.
    The big prime is also a knock off, but it is what the Lucky Draw prime would look like.

Here are all the official masterpiece toys:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_Masterpiece
    Thanks for the lesson!

Is the KO big prime expensive?

Thanks for the lesson!

No idea, i dont pay attention to KO prices
    www.mariokart64.com

Just a friendly reminder that it is against the rules of this board for anyone promote, advocate or show support for illegal activities, including the sale and distribution of counterfeit toys. (re: Board Rule #17). Peace.

There were only 2010 of them made (they were released in 2010).
    There two releases of 2010, so 4020 total. One for Japan and one for Asia. The only differences I recall were the bio cards being numbered differently, and the Japanese release had a factory cardboard box that I don't think the Asia release had.

I ordered the Asia release not knowing that the Japanese one was 'different'. Sold it and bought the Japanese release.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

How much are Heroes of Cybertron figures worth these days?