Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF: Devastation #6!!! (possible spoilers)

Default TF: Devastation #6!!! (possible spoilers)

Hey all, this came out yesterday!

i grabbed a few copies as my mosaic was printed in the inside back cover. I feel very blessed to have it in there. So much fun!

Anyhow.

This issue is awesome. Opens up a couple of things, Jhiaxus and Nemesis Prime make their first debut, man they look awesome.
    I just totally love EJ Su's work. And Josh Burcham's colours were very good and accurate too (no purple thundercracker!).

One question i have posted on the idw forums and Simon's blog is about ironhide. I'm guessing (and hoping) that the big Fur has some plans for getting more into what happened there.

Sunstreaker/Hunter = the bomb!!! love the art on Hunter!
    Skorponok = finally revealed, totally knew but he still blew me away (and that wall...)
    Galvatron = i really wanna get more of him! he's very cool. Not totally being on anyone's side, in it for himself. I actually found myself reflecting that he could be a break-out character from some of the other classics in the long term. Obviously depending on what his plans for earth are!!!

Grade: A!!!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Phantomzone in Chatswood had sold their 4 copies, so I'm hoping Parramatta still have a copy on Sunday. Otherwise I'll have to hope I can nab one of the second shipment that may or may not be ordered.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I think Parramatta's Phantom Zone may still have a few copies left.

Man, that Jhiaxus guy looks like a hunchback.

I think I had the same question about Ironhide. I liked this issue a bit more than some of the others of this limited series, but still think the story lines are very cluttered and rushed.

So how long until the TPB comes out? I'm eager to read this

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

ssue 6 was not a boring issue, but I wouldn't grant it a perfect score. With Scorpy, Galvatron, Nemesis, and Jhiaxus all revealed in one issue it feels as though half the issue is just about setting up future plotlines. Also the Hotrod vs Headmasters battle ultimately felt inconclusive, we never even saw them find Ironhide.

It also raises more questions, like how Scorponok got half his face shot of (I hope we see alot more of him). Not to mention Nightbeat and Hotrod on thier own solo quests.

Lastly I was kinda annoyed but the completely unsuprising demise of Runamuck and Runabout, they get blown to bits in every continuity it seems, like Waspinator. Why can't Furman suprise us and kill of amore popular character like Skywarp or Blitzwing? as much as I like those guys if they got rid of them maybe TF's like Thundercracker could have a chance to develop some personality.

"Runamuck Runabout, I call those predictable losses" should have been Astrotrains line.

Still all in all an above average issue, but I wonder is the next series Transformers Endgame?

I really liked this issue. My only main gripe is the lack of resolution on the whole Ironhide thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot
    Sunstreaker/Hunter = the bomb!!! love the art on Hunter!
    Also interesting was the way that their minds were beginning to merge - which is what happened with Headmasters and Powermasters back in G1 although this is happening at a way faster rate (minutes rather than years).

Skorponok = finally revealed, totally knew but he still blew me away (and that wall...)
    I ruled out Scorponok because I thought it was too obvious and fell into believing that it would be Bludgeon... so the revelation of Scorponok actually came as a surprise to me!

Galvatron = i really wanna get more of him! he's very cool. Not totally being on anyone's side, in it for himself. I actually found myself reflecting that he could be a break-out character from some of the other classics in the long term. Obviously depending on what his plans for earth are!!!
    Which is basically what he was like in G1 too. I also like how he "upgraded" Deathbringer making him more like G1 Deathbringer! In G1, Deathbringer was created by the Matrix - so it'd be interesting to see if Galvatron's "death touch" power, and the whole Dead Universe thing is at all related to the Matrix, Primus and/or Unicron... hrmm..

Nova Prime being revealed as Nemesis Prime was really predictable IMO.

Still, it's interesting to see more light being shed on ol' Nova Prime who was only mentioned by name in G1 (as Prime Nova)... other than that, until now we've known nothing about Sentinel Prime's predecessor.

there seems to be some thought that Nemesis Prime may have the matrix in the dead universe, and it's possible arrival into ours may not then be a good thing.

also, i got 2 extra copies from parra phantom zone, sorry for anyone else going there. but i ordered a couple from kings, yet to see when they'll get in...

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    there seems to be some thought that Nemesis Prime may have the matrix in the dead universe, and it's possible arrival into ours may not then be a good thing.

also, i got 2 extra copies from parra phantom zone, sorry for anyone else going there. but i ordered a couple from kings, yet to see when they'll get in...
    Re-orders take between 2 and 3 weeks normally.

cheers!