Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Revoltech! [Picture Heavy]

This beastie finally arrived (with some Revoltech cards too), now bring on the Predators.

Can that alien be posed as crawling on all 4 legs or does the neck not allow the head to move so far?

I've become a bit disappointed with the revoltechs i've bought over the past few months. The evangelions especially, their QC has gone down the drain. I'm reluctant to buy revoltechs if there is an alternative available.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Can that alien be posed as crawling on all 4 legs or does the neck not allow the head to move so far?

I've become a bit disappointed with the revoltechs i've bought over the past few months. The evangelions especially, their QC has gone down the drain. I'm reluctant to buy revoltechs if there is an alternative available.
    I feel the same way i am over revoltechs now and there new price,tbh i have come to hate the revoltech joints.The alien does look nice though mayb if its on sale! If they do make predators i will buy them.

Are we speaking if new Revoltechs or old ones? Because I've generally found that all the newer more expensive Revoltechs have been getting better and better. Where as previously I had only picked up a few cheaply and been moderately satisfied, lately I've been actually preordering them.

Also the Revoltech Predator has been confirmed.

Yeah the Alien still has the clicky joints and the on all fours pose is out of the question but the paint is very good and it's quite a bit bigger than a regular Revoltech figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Are we speaking if new Revoltechs or old ones? Because I've generally found that all the newer more expensive Revoltechs have been getting better and better. Where as previously I had only picked up a few cheaply and been moderately satisfied, lately I've been actually preordering them.

Also the Revoltech Predator has been confirmed.
    I'm talking the newer figures, the eva unit 02 from the new movie, very sloppy paint apps and just overall feels cheap compared to the older revoltechs from back in 06/07. If a figure im after is available as a robot damashii or a chogokin i'll usually go for that, however i'll still get the predators. just because they are predators =]
    ~

Big thanks to Tetsuwan Convoy for helping me get the Revoltech ARX-7 Arbalest and ARX-8 Laevatein from Full Metal Panic:

There are TOO many small parts! Thankfully all the smaller pieces can fit inside the orange storage boxes that came with the figures.

do want ''must resist''

They do look very nice, fortunately I only have passing familiarity with Full Metal Panic, so I should be able to resist. Love the dynamic hair part on the red one though.

Also I've generally find I prefer more weird shaped or organic looking Revoltech.

I'm sure the Zoids release will suck me in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    I'm talking the newer figures, the eva unit 02 from the new movie, very sloppy paint apps and just overall feels cheap compared to the older revoltechs from back in 06/07. If a figure im after is available as a robot damashii or a chogokin i'll usually go for that, however i'll still get the predators. just because they are predators =]
    Interesting, the only new Eva Revoltech I have for comparison EVA 03 has no botched paint issues, although I'm sure as with anything it varies from batch to batch.I will say It's still far from my favourite Revoltech. I'm kinda the opposite with purchasing though. Seeing as how I keep on buying Macross and Transformers stuff, Revoltech hits the spot nicely for my Super Robot, and Patlabor fix, as I don't really have the funds to spare to get them in Chogokin form, much as I might like too.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 14th April 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Arbalest!!!!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther