Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: warhammer/40K?

Default warhammer/40K?

Anyone else here a collector of Citadel Miniatures?

I colllect a 40k dark angels army, and my primary army, a Space wolf 13th company army. I'll be honest i do it more for the painting, and dont battle much. Any other Imperials or heretics out there?
    ~

Guilty!

And so the Warhammer thread returns from the dead yet again.

I started collecting back when I was 12, about the same time I temporarily stopped collecting TF's for a few years, soooo as you can imagine I have quite a bit. Current favoured army in the 40k scene is Orks, thanks to the new plastics.

I am motivated by both joy of painting and having a friendly game. However I must say when it comes to minatures for painting and gaming It's the smaller companies that are my favourtes these days. Games Workshop may be the largest and most profilic minatures company, but I wouldn't say they still have the best talent, (although they do make awesome vehicle kits).

My wulfen would have fun disassembling that ork tin looking thing, piece by piece with their bare hands. lolz. I'll dig through photobucket tomorrow and find a photo of my 13th co.

Also been reading the Horus Heresy series lately. Excellent series of books so far if your interested in learning how the whole thing kicked off =]
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    My wulfen would have fun disassembling that ork tin looking thing, piece by piece with their bare hands. lolz. I'll dig through photobucket tomorrow and find a photo of my 13th co.
    =]
    Many have said as much, none have thus far succeded, all those Orks get in the way to.

I've heard the Horus Heresey series was mostly decent. I can pretty much recall the whole story from reading old sourcebooks though.

Space Wolves, 13th company unassembled and a Dwarf fantasy army. Don't think much of the new codex, very HQ orientated and to much psychic abilities for my liking. Completely neutered my spear of 7 Terminators, these had 3 assault cannons which is now down to one unless I want a 10 man squad in which case I can take 2, what a load of bollocks

I'm a big Warhammer Fantasy fan myself, but havn't been up to date for a couple of year now. Been drifting more and more to my Transformers instead

As for 40k I havnt really been into it as much, but love the fiction a lot.

The Horus Heresy series is very good, I've read them all up to Mechanicum, Fulgrim is probably one of my fav books.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Space Wolves, 13th company unassembled and a Dwarf fantasy army. Don't think much of the new codex, very HQ orientated and to much psychic abilities for my liking. Completely neutered my spear of 7 Terminators, these had 3 assault cannons which is now down to one unless I want a 10 man squad in which case I can take 2, what a load of bollocks
    Those are pretty standard changes across all the new 40k books. At least they didn't make your army list as dullsville post like they did with Chaos. Besides I'm sure they added plenty of new cheese seing as how GW can't (or don't want) to balance their army books.

Anyways, played 40k yesterday, a big trench rush with endless Ork waves, not my orks though. I used my old guard army Alas despite over a 100 orks falling in no-mans land there heavy walkers still broke the Imperial lines. While I can't say 40k is one of my favourte rulesets these days, it sure can be quite awesome visualy.

Thanks to my friend for taking all these photos

Birds eye view of the battlefield.

Daring orks teleport behind enemy lines

The horde approches

Death from above.

These things just keep comming!

That's an awesome set Zed

Yeah I've been into Warhammer for years. These days I just have a company of Salamanders (About 100 Marines, a Veteran Squad, 10 Scouts, two dozen Terminators and 10 tanks) and a huge Tyranid swarm. I never seem to have the time/focus to get a decent amount painted though. Over the years I've also played Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Lizardmen, Undead, Bretonnians, and had bits and pieces of pretty much every other army going.

I used to be quite into the old board games as well - Talisman 2nd/3rd, Heroquest, Advanced Heroquest, Space Crusade, Blood Bowl, all sorts. I did recently pick up the new Space Hulk, still not had a chance to play it yet though. Found a copy of Man O' War with Plague Fleet at a flea market type affair last weekend too which I'm looking forward to trying. Even came with entire Dwarf and Elf fleets!

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    That's an awesome set Zed
    Thanks took me a few weekends to build a few years back, it's not finished though, and I almost tossed it when it wasn't being used, glad I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHandsomeCrab View Post
    Yeah I've been into Warhammer for years. These days I just have a company of Salamanders (About 100 Marines, a Veteran Squad, 10 Scouts, two dozen Terminators and 10 tanks) and a huge Tyranid swarm. I never seem to have the time/focus to get a decent amount painted though. Over the years I've also played Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Lizardmen, Undead, Bretonnians, and had bits and pieces of pretty much every other army going.

I used to be quite into the old board games as well - Talisman 2nd/3rd, Heroquest, Advanced Heroquest, Space Crusade, Blood Bowl, all sorts. I did recently pick up the new Space Hulk, still not had a chance to play it yet though. Found a copy of Man O' War with Plague Fleet at a flea market type affair last weekend too which I'm looking forward to trying. Even came with entire Dwarf and Elf fleets!
    Really? I have Salamanders too, Salamanders and Space Wolves are the only two loyalist chapters I've ever dabbled in, though I only have Slamanders now. I can't believe they all have jet black skin and red eyes now! Damn revisionist Games Workshop I'm not repainting mine.

I'd be very impressed if you painted a whole company of Marines, all my armies are small and max out around 3000pts at most usualy.

You lucky dog finding Man O War! That's one of the best games Games Workshop ever made in my opinion. The only downside is the space needed for the ship charts. There is a new naval fantsy game from an independant company out now called Uncharted Seas that I would like to try.

As far as painting large armies go, it can be quite a chore, that's why i've pretty much moved to skirmish games. I play a handfull now, all of which are set in a different setting such as super heroes, wierd wild west, or my current favourte Infinity, set in the not to distant future drawing heavily on anime influences like Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, and Akira.