Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: November Acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Was it in Panthers itself, or did they put up the air conditioned tent over near the aqua golf?

I'm not sure if this is quarterly or if it is on every 6 months, as Az said it is poorly advertised.
    Yea it was in the big tent near aqua golf (never actually done that yet) I think that we should organise something like that for the next one, go to that fair and then aqua golf, would be fun.

I should have spoken to them about it while I was there, I think they had flyers but I didn't grab one, forgot to before we left. I'll try and find out when the next one is on or at least speak to them. If I call up Panthers or Penrith Council or something, they should know how to contact them or when the next one is on.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd go to the next Penriff Fair if it doesn't clash with the Parra Fair. If they're going to keep clashing then I'm gonna choose Parramatta.
    Last time I remember it being on, it clashed with the Parra Fair, even the guy I got the stuff from said it was stupid that it clashed. They need to work together to better organise when it's on. Parra wins for me each time, but because I gotta go back out that way anyway, I figure I would stop in.

Got HA Bumblebee for my birthday as well as Alliance comic book (the thick one with all the issues- Im not a big comic book person so i dont know what youd call that).

At the SA meet i got a Classics Astrotrain from Jaisun and a G2 Slag from Gutsman.

I bought a Cybertron figure off my nephew at his garage sale- the figures name i have forgotten. Gutsman Heavy did tell me...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

The figure was Cannonball?, the thick comic is known as a TPB (Trade Paper Back) and lastly HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1
    Last time I remember it being on, it clashed with the Parra Fair, even the guy I got the stuff from said it was stupid that it clashed. They need to work together to better organise when it's on. Parra wins for me each time, but because I gotta go back out that way anyway, I figure I would stop in.
    you don't even need to work together necessarily... just be aware that there's another Fair and try to avoid clashing dates! When I organised Sabretron 2004 I tried to make sure that it didn't clash with any other conventions, which wasn't easy and in the end we ran just one week after Animania. But at least there was that 1 week gap; Sabretron 2004 didn't directly conflict with any other conventions afaik. The Parramatta Fair has their dates set out _well_ in advance which are advertised on their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    you don't even need to work together necessarily... just be aware that there's another Fair and try to avoid clashing dates! When I organised Sabretron 2004 I tried to make sure that it didn't clash with any other conventions, which wasn't easy and in the end we ran just one week after Animania. But at least there was that 1 week gap; Sabretron 2004 didn't directly conflict with any other conventions afaik. The Parramatta Fair has their dates set out _well_ in advance which are advertised on their web site.
    True, that was what I was getting at, I just didn't word it right They just have be aware of the Parra Fair dates and organise theirs accordingly.

Thanks to the power of super fast free EMS my Buster Prime has arrived!

Also pictured a whole bunch of cheap re-issues from my garage sale haul, Thanks to a tip of from one of my friends mothers, who is into cruising garage sales, you never know what you'll find. Also my ROTF regular OP, who isn't new, but is thrown in for comparison purposes. Will hopefully take more comparison pics when I have time.

wow thats super fast for the buster prime! is it going to be availiable in australia? or do we have to buy overseas??

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    *shiny things*
    What the...$25 for Habro Reissue UM?? Damn dude, you did goooooooood. Bust-a-cap Prime looks very nice too!

It seems Buster Prime was released a few days early in limited quantaties, I was curious as HLJ listed him as low stock in my account, and NOV release on the main website. I wouldn't normaly use EMS, but he was linked with the valkyrie I bought on sale during HLJ's free shipping sale last week.

All in all November has been one lucky bargain month for collecting for me, with Busta Prime's free shipping and the cheap TF reissues, my valkyrie from the HLJ sale, and a 75% discounted GI Joe Pitt and Target exclusives it's been better than the June toy sales, although I spent more than I would have preffered for the month before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    The figure was Cannonball?, the thick comic is known as a TPB (Trade Paper Back) and lastly HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    Yes! Thats the guy!

And thank you- my comic book knowledge has just increased by 1.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness