Thread: Character Profile: Cloudrage

Default Character Profile: Cloudrage

I decided to do a Decepticon this time:

Specs and profile info: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/art/Cloudrage-142134798

Pretty cool dude

the bot mode sort of looks like the Autobot ark
    But great work keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    I thought he exact same thing!
    It looks really cool! I wish i could draw like that!

The jet mode reminds me of G1 Thunderwing. I find the name interesting too. When I think of (something)-rage I think of someone having a temper tantrum over that something, like game-rage or tennis-rage etc. Perhaps Cloudrage likes to stare at clouds to see if he can see what they look like, but everyone _except_ for him can see stuff! So he gets p***ed off and then goes on a violent destructive rampage. ;D

"Why can everyone see the sailboat but me?!?!!"

P.S.: just read his profile. Interesting to see that he already has a hair-trigger temper. T'would be funny if one of his rage triggers was the inability to interpret shapes in cloud formations. ;D

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    But great work keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream212 View Post
    I thought he exact same thing!
    It looks really cool! I wish i could draw like that!
    I didn't intend for the vehicle mode to turn out that way. I usually try to visualise the robot in my head first, and draw that. I do decide what I want the alt mode to be, but not in specific details. After I drew the robot, I realised that for him to be able to transform into a jet, it'd be a pretty angular and bulky looking jet, not exactly aerodynamic. Hence I gave him a low speed rating in the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The jet mode reminds me of G1 Thunderwing. I find the name interesting too. When I think of (something)-rage I think of someone having a temper tantrum over that something, like game-rage or tennis-rage etc. Perhaps Cloudrage likes to stare at clouds to see if he can see what they look like, but everyone _except_ for him can see stuff! So he gets p***ed off and then goes on a violent destructive rampage. ;D

P.S.: just read his profile. Interesting to see that he already has a hair-trigger temper. T'would be funny if one of his rage triggers was the inability to interpret shapes in cloud formations. ;D
    Regarding his name, I wanted to come up with something that sort of half-gave away his alt mode. The reason I did this is because I try to name Transformers in such a way that their names represent some combination of their function, personality, and/or characteristics (I believe this is the intention behind many of the official TF names - would you able to verify that?).

I didn't want to use words such as "jet", "sky", "space", or "star", as they seem to be overused by jet-related TFs (plus I already have a few other characters in mind whose names bear those words). Hence I used "cloud". I was going to add to his profile that he also worked at the Iacon Weather Centre, but not sure if this is a good idea - since ... as far as I know, Cybertron doesn't have clouds anyway! (Or weather for that matter?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    I was going to add to his profile that he also worked at the Iacon Weather Centre, but not sure if this is a good idea - since ... as far as I know, Cybertron doesn't have clouds anyway! (Or weather for that matter?)
    Well, Cybertron evidently has an atmosphere that's breathable for humans! It also has wind. And water. And yes, occasionally clouds (which Decepticon seekers occasionally seed to make acid rain). It makes NO sense for a machine world to have an "M Class" atmosphere! Perhaps it's due to Cybertron's original organic origin.

I honestly try not to think about it too much.

lol Mallrats! love that flick

Awesome pic mate! I really like the action pose, it feels so natural. Nice work!

Thats gonna make me lol for a few days.

I like the the overall charcter desighn and I also like the profile your wrote up for him on your dev. It's all very solid and would fit very nicely into g1 fiction