Thread: Most Redecos

Default Most Redecos

which TF line has the most redecos in it?
    which TF line has the lease?
    which mold was redecoed the most in a line?
    which mold has been redecoed the most over all time?
    which mold has had the lease reuse over all time?
    should hasbro use a different mold for each figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    My guess would be Armada and/or Energon with all those "Powerlinx" repaints.

which TF line has the lease?
    Transformers: Rental Property Wars! </jkz> I think the line with the least redecos is probably G1 if you look at their individual moulds to straight repaint ratio.

which mold was redecoed the most in a line?
    A lot of the Spychangers were redecoed heaps within the RiD line.

The Combaticons?

which mold has had the lease reuse over all time?
    Time Warrior.

should hasbro use a different mold for each figure?
    I would prefer that, but sometimes it's not possible. Like with certain exclusive figures produced in limited quantities (e.g. e-Hobby or convention exclusives, although a lot of exclusive BotCon figures are retooled too).

Due to the tradition of redecos it sometimes kinda makes sense to have redecos, such as Universe/Henkei Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen being the same basic mould etc.

It all depends on the nature of the redeco. I like seeing the Classics Starscream mould being redecoed as the other Decepticon Seekers, but I didn't like seeing Classics, movie and RH Bumblebee being repainted as Cliffjumper (I was happy to see Animated Cliffjumper was a retool with a new head ).

You can read more about redecoes here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Redeco

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Universe. Apart from some Classics 2.0 figures (themselves almost all getting repaints) is all repaints all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Transformers: Rental Property Wars! </jkz> I think the line with the least redecos is probably G1 if you look at their individual moulds to straight repaint ratio.
    Though would you consider G2's being a G1 repaint/redeco?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Original G1 Optimus Prime's cab. As well as the obvious red, white, black, yellow, blue, pink, gold etc. there are also a ridiculous number of minor redecos (plastic wheels, red feet, G2 with backpack, blue windows, eleventy different variations of the red one and so on.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    Universe. Apart from some Classics 2.0 figures (themselves almost all getting repaints) is all repaints all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mknell
    Though would you consider G2's being a G1 repaint/redeco?
    I interpreted Autocon's question as meaning the most number of redecos of moulds that originated from that line within that line. But the question could also encompass moulds from outside of a line too.

In that case I would agree with Universe. G2 started off with some redecos of G1 moulds (e.g. Prime, Autobot Cars, Seekers, Minibots, Dinobots, gestalts; some weren't even redecoed but just repackaged, e.g.: Sky Scorchers etc.), especially in 1993, but later years saw an increase of original moulds such as Rotor Force, Laser Rods, Autorollers, Gobots, Combat Heroes etc. As Paulbot said, with the exception of the "Classics 2.0" moulds, the current Universe line is pretty much entirely comprised of nothing by redecos. The first Universe line (2003-05) was completely made up of redecos. Collectively Universe would have a far higher ratio of redecos to new moulds compared to G2.