Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goki's Random TF Facts Discussion Thread

Default Goki's Random TF Facts Discussion Thread

If anyone has any questions or comments about the stuff I put in my "Random TF Facts" in my signature, you can post them here.

Please keep in mind that this board enforces a character-size restriction on signatures (probably to prevent people from posting essays in their signatures ), so this means that I'm restricted in how much information I can give out in my signature. I'm not complaining about this, but just asking everyone to keep this in mind in case you're wondering why I don't say more sometimes to make things clearer.

In regard to G1 Slag's Berserkergang, it comes from the G1 comics, not the cartoon. As most G1 fans would know, the Dinobots were not created on Earth in the comics, but were created on Cybertron. They travelled with the Autobots aboard the Ark to Earth but were dispatched to the Savage Land in Antarctica to battle Shockwave where they adopted saurian alt modes.

Slag's Berserkergang was seen in #280, "The 4,000,000 Year Itch!"

Script by Simon Furman, art by Jeff Anderson.

I like the random fact sig, fun to read. Keep it up.

maybe you should start up gokipedia? the ultimate transformers resource.
    now only if we could download your brain....

could u post the facts in here once u change them incase someone misses reading them

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ok, you can have that one, well a little anyway as you used g1 cartoon pictures with that trivia fact originally, so really, you can't be backtracking from one fiction to the other like that and then insulting g1 cartoon fans with an umbrella statement.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Reading from the summary of the comic - "All Transformers fight to control their savage inner selves..." - er, they do?

Apparently Beachcomber won.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    well a little anyway as you used g1 cartoon pictures with that trivia fact originally, so really, you can't be backtracking from one fiction to the other like that and then insulting g1 cartoon fans with an umbrella statement.
    I quickly look these pics up on Google and I grab whatever pics I can find first that are of an appropriate size for a signature (i.e.: not too big). I'm not going to spend too much time scouring the web or modifying images to put onto my sig which I'm just going to change relatively soon after anyway. And you know that I always specify my canonical sources whenever possible - it's just that it wasn't possible this time because of text-size restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    could u post the facts in here once u change them incase someone misses reading them
    Do you think they're really worth it? I sometimes change it like 3 times in the same day. It would end up flooding this thread and I'd rather leave it open for discussion and questions from other people. But I dunno, if more people think it would be worthwhile then I guess I'd consider doing it. You can also easily look up most of these facts on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminii
    Reading from the summary of the comic - "All Transformers fight to control their savage inner selves..." - er, they do?

Apparently Beachcomber won.
    Sorry, how is this relevant to this thread? (I don't recall posting that on one of my "Random TF Facts" in my signature)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 15th December 2008 at 11:42 AM.

And it was reprinted in the Earth Force Trade as well. Was it published in the States or only the UK?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Only in the UK comics (Earthforce Saga) which was sold in Australia too. Afaik it was never published in the US.

I have digitized versions of Earth Force. Contact me if interested.