Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Albie's Custom Repaint Movie TFs!(Jazz, FinalBattle Jazz, Bumblee [78 & 08]& Rachet)

Default Albie's Custom Repaint Movie TFs! Update with Longarm, Prime & Ironhide!

phew
    Done and done with the Autobots of my Movie Repaint-job!
    The pictures were taken at work today using a Spawn base that I repainted and using manilla cardboard files as the background (I use them to sort bills at the office ... so score! that it ended up being more useful than that!).
    So! Let's get started! Chronologically after Ironhide, I did:

Rachet
    I honestly was most disappointed by Rachet out of the movie figures. His paintjob left him looking like a McDonalds toy (I felt anyway) and I felt his transformation was too simple, and that the automorph gimmicks couldn't possibly save it either. SO. After Ironhide was done, I was bloody determined to fix this guy up Below is the result. I basically painted a lot of the details that were sculpted in but not painted. Also, I dismantled him good while painting him and got to all the nooks and crannies for this custom paint-job. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the result because he doesn't look like a cheap toy that I paid 45 odd dollars for anymore!
    (Note that with the rack on top of the alt mode, I actually repainted the red light things so it looks ... almost ruby now Happy with that! )
    Alt Mode:

Robot Mode:

Detail:

08 Camaro Bumblee
    STL was over at my place some time ago and I'd just started with this guy then Pretty simple job- the usual metal-age of the black bits + bronze to bring out sculpted detail. I did a fair amount of work on the head that I'm very pleased with too
    Alt Mode:

Robot Mode:

Detail:

78 Camaro Bumblee
    After the 08 Camaro was completed, there was no way I could leave this guy unpainted. I got the Japanese release with the transparent windows (and damn does the Japanese looks great compared to the Hasblo version) Again, fairly simple job- but I also added the white of the number plate as well as added silver to the rear bumper. I've yet to rewatch the movie to check if the front bumper needs any work... Also, I added gloss black to the crevices where the racing stripes go over to give it a more seamless look. The head was given a good workout too, and I like how the eyes turned out eventhough the sculpt was dead wrong in having bulging eyes... Oh well!
    Alt Mode:

Robot Mode:

Detail:

Final Battle Jazz
    With Final Battle Jazz, I started painting him before I touched the regular Jazz. Good idea, because the Tamiya Chrome Silver I was using was at the very end of its pot, and thus VERY THICK. Also, I didn't have the foresight to thin that out with either thinner or water. So, result was very uneven, thick and splochy paint. To compound the bad-news, I didn't wait long enough for it to dry and took it home (from work during my late shift) wrapping it with bubblewrap. WORST IDEA EVER. I opened him up and he had bubblewrap marks all over the car's paintjob. So, next day I went and got me some thinner and began melting away the paint. I left some of it there as it really did give a cool trashed car feel to it
    THEN. When all was just about said and done, I snapped the right arm. (If you look at the top-down shots of the alt mode, you'll see where there's a hole where the top of the fore arm and the bottom of the forearm are connected by the black piece of plastic) While TRUE it does add to the 'battle damage', I WASN'T TRYING TO TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY! Ah well. Still looks alright I guess
    Alt Mode:

Robot Mode:

Detail Battle Damage:
    Last edited by lcz128; 6th March 2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Formatting

ahem
    I went over the character limit of 15000 characters per post... how embarassing!

Anyhow, here's the rest of the post :
    Jazz
    Finally, Jazz.
    After learning all that from the Final Battle Jazz experience, I concocted a mix of Titanium Silver, Chrome Silver and thinner to make my Jazz body coat. There's a few bits I need to go over, like the back of the car where the 1st wash of it didn't quite eclipse the black of the rear, but this sucker is pretty much done and done. Very happy with how he turned out and he's personally, a huge success thanks to all I learnt off the Final Battle Jazz fiasco.
    Alt Mode:

Robot Mode:

Thanks so much guys- Do leave your feedback, I look forward to it, and I just have to say that my friend's camera - which I borrowed for the shots - is AWESOME!!!

Hot Piss!

Nice work!

Very nice, a lot of dry brushing I take it.

I'll be visiting your place again... when you aren't at home. :P

good work icz!

do you guys wash the figure and paint an undercoat? If so, do you use a white undercoat or do you just paint the desired colours over existing colours? How many coats do you usually paint?

nice paintjob..wish i could touchup mine.
    when are you starting a custom's class???