Page 235 of 467 FirstFirst ... 215225230231232233234235236237238239240245255 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Yeah i'd just nab it from one of those, there looks to be plenty available.
    The collector in me doesn't want to let it go for that price... it's serving too much purpose collecting dust in storage

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yeah i'd just nab it from one of those, there looks to be plenty available.
    The collector in me doesn't want to let it go for that price... it's serving too much purpose collecting dust in storage
    Yeah it is plentyfull but the reason why I thought I should ask here is that I am more likely to get a good unscratched copy from someone here. Ordering from complete strangers on ebay is always a risk.

Anyways, if no one here has one for sale, I will have to brave it

Completed Persona 4 Golden. Missed the original on the PS2 so it was a fresh playthrough for me. It is fantastic, I loved the sim elements taking place during high school and the murder mystery was a great story. It was sad when the game ended as you truly felt that you were saying goodbye to your friends whom you developed bonds with.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Hi Guys, I am after the GC game Mario Karts Double Dash - Any region.

If you have one without scratches for sale, please let me know
    I'm guessing your GC doesn't play back-ups? If so i could send you my back-up as i don't play it anymore. Plus any of my other GC back-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    I'm guessing your GC doesn't play back-ups? If so i could send you my back-up as i don't play it anymore. Plus any of my other GC back-ups.
    Thanks but I would prefer a legit version.

I use the Dolphin emulator to play games as ultimately, it's superior as it allows you to play on HD with enhancements. Technically the backup would work fine since I like to extract ROMS from the disc for fast load times but I prefer to own the game.

On another note, I have been bitten by the Nintendo bug in the last few months and I have begun to buy gameboys in a state of disrepair and fixing them. Recently I found my old gameboy with the screen cover missing and while surfing online, saw several website dedicated to restoring/repairing them.

Recently I was given an N64 which brought back memories and now tempted to go the extra mile(s) and buy a NES and SNES to 'reclaim my childhood' sort of collecting.

Old consoles don't really work too well on new TVs so they would mostly be there to 'collect' not really to play (Although I think that may apply mostly to the N64 due to the scaler but not '2D' consoles). The only usable part are the controllers given all the USB adapters there are for PC and awesome emulators out there.

Have you heard of XRGB Mini Framemeister? The cost and difficulty obtaining one put me right off, but with the right mods and connections, the results are supposed to be incredible for old consoles on new tvs.

Myself, i semi-reluctantly held onto a 68cm Sony CRT when the analog signals went off... it's a beast! It's much nicer to play my old games on it - most are S-Video, a few are running through Component... but regardless of connection it just feels right to be playing on an old TV! Almost broke my back several times lifting the damn thing though!

A few weeks ago i spotted on Gumtree a Neo Geo AES with a bunch of games. These things are still hell pricey, but i got a decent deal i think, paid $250 for the lot and will try and offload some game doubles soon to recoup a bit. Anyone here have one?

I'm in two minds about getting more games for it... on the one hand, they are awesome things to have/collect - massive boxes and cartridges with beautiful artwork - plugging one in is euphoric, watching it start up instantly (no system updates!). I've emulated the games one way or another several times over the years but even then, nothing was like turning it on for the first time and having the 'arcade at home' experience! On the other hand... i've emulated the games one way or another several times over the years! So the price to pay to say i'm legit is a hard one to swallow.

I think i've resigned to collecting some of the cheaper, earlier releases - which works out good cause those also tend to be the one's i remember most from my trips to the arcade as a young'n.

Yeah the XRGB is certainly cool. However it may only be practical for the hardcore with lots of living space, not for people living in Sydney units for sure Big TVs occupy too much space and it ends up causing a choice between a 'new' Plasma/LCD or the old CRT beast due to space restriction. Naturally the 'new' will always win.

Emulators work just as well if you use a classic controller or even better if you wish to add enhancements. I think that for most people, collecting the real thing and playing on emulators is more practical.

Still, really cool that there is such a thing as the XRGB. Perhaps some newer TVs will take that into account and have that built in some day

Congrats on your NEO GEO. It is one of those high end consoles only a few (the rich) really had. It has a bit of a wow factor for that and the Arcade games it had.

Edit: Jeebus! $500 for the XRGB-mini FRAMEMEISTER! Wow! Yeah I'll stick to the emulator and USB adapter for the controller, thank you

http://www.amazon.com/DP3913515-Fram.../dp/B006H39XJS

Another option i've considered is getting a (usually much smaller) Sony PVM monitor. You'd still need to modify most machines for RGB output but damn, it looks good! Check out http://retrorgb.com/rgbmonitors.html

But then i think i'm taking things a bit too far just for simple games

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Another option i've considered is getting a (usually much smaller) Sony PVM monitor. You'd still need to modify most machines for RGB output but damn, it looks good! Check out http://retrorgb.com/rgbmonitors.html

But then i think i'm taking things a bit too far just for simple games
    Yeah, my philosophy is more about bringing the old games to the modern world.

I just think that if I were a kid, I would have preferred to play the game on a giant screen on my living room than some crappy CRT. Didn't you ever have dreams of playing the games on a grand 'Cinema' scale type screen? A modern 50"-80" Plasma/LCD is the closest thing so my method is still works for me better and judging by those prices, possibly more cost effective
    Last edited by kup; 22nd April 2014 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah, my philosophy is more about bringing the old games to the modern world.

I just think that if I were a kid, I would have preferred to play the game on a giant screen on my living room than some crappy CRT. Didn't you ever have dreams of playing the games on a grand 'Cinema' scale type screen? A modern 50"-80" Plasma/LCD is the closest thing so my method is still works for me better and judging by those prices, possibly more cost effective
    Or you could try using this for your games?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XAKgWwReh6w