Page 270 of 467 FirstFirst ... 250260265266267268269270271272273274275280290 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

That's awesome Kup. I've been looking at picking up A Link to the Past for my SNES (MIB with map included) however secondhand market asking prices are through the roof!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That's awesome Kup. I've been looking at picking up A Link to the Past for my SNES (MIB with map included) however secondhand market asking prices are through the roof!
    Thank you

Yeah I was lucky to get mine. The box is beat up but at least it was complete with the map. Wasn't cheap but I have seen it go for a lot higher. Probably one of the more expensive games in the whole range.

Oddly enough, Four Swords goes for a pretty penny too. Specially the Pal version. I had to get the American one.

I am now thinking of modding my Japanese GameCube with a switch so that it can also play US games. I tried Four Swords using Gecko OS on an AU Wii and it was awesome. I really like the dynamic it has when you use a GBA for a controller.

For those people who got rid of their Wiis for Wii Us, you can easily install the Homebrew channel on the vWii if you own Smash Bros. Brawl or a similar game that has the stack exploit. Once Homebrew Channel is installed, you can install Nintendont and play global Wii games as well as Gamecube games although those have to be from ripped ISOs in an SD card or USB HDD as the Wii U is physically unable to read GC discs - You can then use your Wii Game controller Pro or the Gamecube usb hub to play.

As a kid i sold my entire SNES collection to fund a PS1, which i regretted pretty quickly... everything was pristine too! So, when i got a job much later, i decided to re-aquire my favourites and since it's so much easier/cheaper to find complete & good condition games when they're Japanese, i went down that route.

I'm only missing Super Mario World which is still fairly pricy even in Japanese... but the last one i picked up was Link to the Past... on my last trip, for $12 as new I plan to frame all the boxed games somehow for a nice display one day, since there's so many other ways to play them these days.

PS Kup, easier to just buy my US Gamecube you know! Let's work something out

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    As a kid i sold my entire SNES collection to fund a PS1, which i regretted pretty quickly... everything was pristine too! So, when i got a job much later, i decided to re-aquire my favourites and since it's so much easier/cheaper to find complete & good condition games when they're Japanese, i went down that route.

I'm only missing Super Mario World which is still fairly pricy even in Japanese... but the last one i picked up was Link to the Past... on my last trip, for $12 as new I plan to frame all the boxed games somehow for a nice display one day, since there's so many other ways to play them these days.

PS Kup, easier to just buy my US Gamecube you know! Let's work something out
    Actually it sounds easier to mod it, also infinitely cheaper. It is not a permanent mod either.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Actually it sounds easier to mod it, also infinitely cheaper.
    Ah, but how does that benefit ME?!

Ah, but how does that benefit ME?!
    How much are you selling?

Mod is like $3

Have you considered that you'll need a separate memory card for each region?
    My US cube is $50 but comes with an official memory card 251 and Super Monkey Ball

Have you considered that you'll need a separate memory card for each region?
    My US cube is $50 but comes with an official memory card 251 and Super Monkey Ball
    Yep and I already have a spare - Not official but works either way

I would only be using the Japanese GC for Gameboy Player so no need for Japanese cards. The GC only has two types of memory card format - Japan and Western. So US and AU save games are compatible.

To be honest, I can't justify two GCs when I already have a perfectly working Japanese one with proper RCA connectors for the TV. The switch mod is so ridiculously easy and non-permanent that with the space constraints and all, I can't think of a good reason for having two GCs.

In the odd chance I blow up my Jap GC and need a new one, I'll let you know

Fair enough This whole time though i thought the memory cards were either for PAL or NTSC-US or NTSC-JP only. I ended up with a heap of them after a few games came with one included.

Oh man, I got to say, I downloaded tomb raider for the PS3 and it's just about the best game I've played in years! I haven't played the last of us yet, that's next on the list..