Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Played online Warzone of 'Killzone 2' last night. Let me just say that I am still getting over the awesomesauce of my first ever 32-player match. Had a few server issues and kept disconnecting though, not when I was playing an Australian-held match, but later when there were know Aussie matches so I had to jump in a European-held. Still, it was pure awesome. Already up to Sergeant 1st Class.

On a side note, follow with me and tell me if you see the logic of what has just happened here at work. I work at Joyce Mayne (which is basically Harvey Norman, same parent company), and head office decided to order us in 72 copies of 'New Super Mario Bros. Wii'. Understandably it's a great new game, but bear in mind games don't sell that well here as people prefer the department stores, EB Games and JB Hi-Fi, and also our store is a little out of the way. It took a year to clear through the 100 copies of 'Halo 3' that we had for launch day (we sold 8 on the first day), if that gives an indication on how well they sell here.

Anywho, 72 copies of 'Mario', and yet last week when 'COD: Modern Warfare 2' launched, arguably the biggest launch in history (resulting in 2 million people on Xbox Live for instance), we got in 2 copies for each PS3, 360 and PC, 2 days after release. 6 copies........2 days after release........72 'Mario'.........

I'd be right in assuming head office is staffed by moronic incompetents, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Try to recognise that these 'gaming' topics being raised by others, are the 'computer/console' type, not 'board' type. Your posts are essentially offtopic.

If you want to talk about board games, it is best to start a 'boardgame topic' so that your 'offtopic' posts do not annoy people trying to talk about computer games here.
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that this topic was exclusively for electronic gaming and thought it was for all kinds of gaming. <shrug> Would it be possible to have the thread topic amended to avoid ambiguity? After all there are gaming communities and stores which exclusively cater for table top gaming (e.g. Games Workshop, Grey Matter Games, Sydney Games Centre etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Try to recognise that these 'gaming' topics being raised by others, are the 'computer/console' type, not 'board' type. Your posts are essentially offtopic.

If you want to talk about board games, it is best to start a 'boardgame topic' so that your 'offtopic' posts do not annoy people trying to talk about computer games here.
    Maybe the thread title should be changed to:

All Computer/Console Games Thread...

As i would of thought, the "Non-Electronic Games" would of been covered in this thread as well... Even though i don't use them anymore.

having a bit of a go at lego rockband atm

Question

I have a Q, does ps3 online lag? My friend said ps3 was crap online compared to 360 because 360 is a bought server and ps3 isn't, so can someone give me there opinion. Also I have a Lg Flatron w1941s, is that monitor compatible if i connected it with ps3 slim? Or would there be graphic or some sort of issue?

Is ps3 online as bad a the wii?

360 does not have a server for gaming, it uses the same peer to peer online gaming as the PS3, however, the matchmaking is generally better on the 360. I would avoid using Wifi for online play.

So you reckon that a ethernet cable is best fr online play over wireless connection? I was wondering about this issue myself you see...

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    I have a Q, does ps3 online lag? My friend said ps3 was crap online compared to 360 because 360 is a bought server and ps3 isn't, so can someone give me there opinion. Also I have a Lg Flatron w1941s, is that monitor compatible if i connected it with ps3 slim? Or would there be graphic or some sort of issue?

Is ps3 online as bad a the wii?
    PS3 should be compatibel with your TV, juts make sure you have appropriate cables.

To be honest I have only had trouble with the Wii when trying to get Smash Bros online. It has never connected. Mario Kart has worked every time, but the Wii has major problems depending on the modem you are using as well. I believe Nintendo have a list of acceptable modems around the place.

As for Lag, I have only had a couple of laggy matches on SFIV and never had laggy matches on Transofmrers ROTF as examples. SFIV gives you an estimate at how laggy the match willl be. I have had major troubles inviting friends to play online at times though when I was hosting a session which sucks ass.

Cable kills wifi every time hands down. WiFi signals are way to easily interferred with, and always run slower.

If you are going to hook the PS3 via HDMI cable, don't get tricked into buying the uber expensive gold plated cables that are like $100+ the cheapest cables will do the same job without any quality loss.

Using SF4 as an example on PS3, I found I got waaaay more stable matches using an ethernet cable over WIFI. That being said, I found no issues getting a decent game using WIFI with Warhawk.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Can some 1 please help me out here. On PsN when I was signing up, I enter benben2142x@hotmail.com then password correctly and it said no this is a invalid PW or UN. Whats the issue here? I can't get pass it.