Page 308 of 467 FirstFirst ... 288298303304305306307308309310311312313318328 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

If VR survives the initial boom I'll consider it, but I'm sceptical. I'm honestly more excited about potential other uses, like the possibility of streaming ringside seats to a VR headset etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    If VR survives the initial boom I'll consider it, but I'm sceptical. I'm honestly more excited about potential other uses, like the possibility of streaming ringside seats to a VR headset etc
    Yep, full use of the technology that I feel HTC is more ready to accomplish given their demos - Basically a 'You are there' experience. The rest seem a bit too 'Mega-CD' in the sense that they are using VR technology as a gimmick without any real substance or taking potential of what the technology offers.

I will not be an early adopter for this technology. It is too much of an investment to simply jump in without any real consumer test. It could easily end up as a Virtual Boy or more precisely a 'Wii Fit' in the sense that it has wide spread interest and may even have great sales but ultimately becomes nothing more than a gimmick and forgotten shortly after.
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2016 at 10:10 AM.

I considered the Vive for a split second and then realised I don't have a room I can dedicate to walking around in VR. The idea of walking around in VR is cool but lets face it, how many of us have a spare room we can use just for VR.

Anyway the reason I popped in this thread tonight is to let you PlayStation fans know right now Sony doing a 25% off PlayStation Plus till the end of the month. Not sure if you can use this to renew or if it's just for us that don't have an active subscription, but anyway have a look and see if your eligible.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...GM300000_store
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Found another deal. Today I bought the 3 Disney Infinity Light FX figures that Target stocks. Instead of the ticked 25ish dollars I found that they are only $12 at the register. I got this from Target Rockhampton.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

i decided to go for the last few achievements left in xcom enemy unknown/within so i started a new game. first one with the slingshot dlc which wasn't too bad but i'm playing on easy to try and get through it relatively quickly hehe.

I have been playing Lost Eden which is an old 'point&click' adventure DOS CD game. I have been using the Steam Controller which has become awesome at all mouse games on the couch. Also took me back as that game was released when I was still at school, DOS BOX is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i decided to go for the last few achievements left in xcom enemy unknown/within so i started a new game. first one with the slingshot dlc which wasn't too bad but i'm playing on easy to try and get through it relatively quickly hehe.
    Which version of X-com are you playing? I kinda wish there was a console version for X-com 2 just so I could play it from a more comfy chair.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    DOS BOX is awesome.
    Yes, Yes it is.

I've been playing the Ultima games on the old Dos box. Mmmm, Ultima.

I downloaded Borderlands, something something stories, an episodic game majigger from the PSN. Just Ep1 so far as it was free. While it has very a interesting story (so far) I find the *ahem* gameplay (used rather loosely here) somewhat non-existent. It's sort of like a cross between a crap point and click game with some quick time events. Sure the conversation arcs are an interesting outcome, but the QTE and other bits of game just aren't enough to hold my attention.

Glad I didn't pay for it.

Also the PSN interface is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Which version of X-com are you playing? I kinda wish there was a console version for X-com 2 just so I could play it from a more comfy chair.
    i'm on pc/steam, playing enemy unknown/enemy within. when my laptop decides to work i have tried it on the tv with an xbox controller and it does look fantastic on the big screen with max settings

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yes, Yes it is.

I've been playing the Ultima games on the old Dos box. Mmmm, Ultima.

I downloaded Borderlands, something something stories, an episodic game majigger from the PSN. Just Ep1 so far as it was free. While it has very a interesting story (so far) I find the *ahem* gameplay (used rather loosely here) somewhat non-existent. It's sort of like a cross between a crap point and click game with some quick time events. Sure the conversation arcs are an interesting outcome, but the QTE and other bits of game just aren't enough to hold my attention.

Glad I didn't pay for it.

Also the PSN interface is crap.
    i haven't tried any of the telltale games apart from the monkey island series, i think they all are basically point and click style adventure types focussing on plot so not that surprised. have you played any of the other borderlands games? i'm partway through the first one, another game i need to go back and finish at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i haven't tried any of the telltale games apart from the monkey island series, i think they all are basically point and click style adventure types focussing on plot so not that surprised. have you played any of the other borderlands games? i'm partway through the first one, another game i need to go back and finish at some point!
    I played a fair whack of Monkey Island something or the other. That felt way more engaging than that Borderlands thing I'm doing...

I played the first Borderlands for a bit. It definitely tickled my fancy. Sadly I was borrowing it from a friend, so didn't get too far