Page 311 of 467 FirstFirst ... 291301306307308309310311312313314315316321331 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    GOG is great, so much fun stuff there
    GOG is great indeed. I have a number of games from there. Some of the old games have more replayability than most new games

I did just reinstall Deus Ex

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Interesting, I've been playing the GoG version using a GTX 960 with no issues, and it's basically the same architecture.
    GoG do tend to work on games to make them more compatible with modern systems a little bit better than Steam does.

I've recently had to re-install windows since my previous install shat itself in epic proportions, not a single restore/reset option would work.

And due to my system being a Mac Pro, it was a rather convoluted process.

Remove GTX960, replace old GPU to access EFI/boot menu as the 960 isn't properly supported.
    Backup documents/steam folders.
    Straight install of Windows 10. Oops, no valid serial for Win10 (I'd upgraded from Win 7 originally) and Apple don't support Windows 10 on my machine (not a major issue, just a pain with dual booting configs without the Apple software).
    Install Win 7 Ultimate I'd burnt the iso for. Oops, serial number is for Pro
    Install Win 7 Pro.
    Install Apple's Bootcamp software.
    Reboot.
    Activate Windows.
    Serial not valid for activation.
    Call 1300 number to activate.
    Install Windows 10 (finally)
    Install drivers for audio interface, Steam and GoG Galaxy.

Next step (probably tomorrow now) will be to swap the GPU's over again, and I might be finally able to play my games again.

Then I'll have to continue my childproofing/cable routing.
    Your adding in some extra steps there. First you can jump straight from Windows to OSX through the Bootcamp settings in Windows, no need to swap cards to see the UEFI. Second you DO NOT have to reinstall Windows 7 to install Windows 10. Microsoft updated Windows 10 so that it accepts Windows 7 and 8 keys as activation for Windows 10.
    Starting with the November update, Windows 10 (Version 1511) can be activated using some Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 product keys. For more info, see the section Activating Windows 10 (Version 1511 or higher) using a Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 product key in this topic.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/w...-in-windows-10
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Your adding in some extra steps there. First you can jump straight from Windows to OSX through the Bootcamp settings in Windows, no need to swap cards to see the UEFI. Second you DO NOT have to reinstall Windows 7 to install Windows 10. Microsoft updated Windows 10 so that it accepts Windows 7 and 8 keys as activation for Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/w...-in-windows-10
    Bootcamp software won't install directly on Windows 10, doesn't support Win10 on my machine (trust me, I tried) - that means I'd have no boot into Mac option, requiring a UEFI compatible GPU to access the boot menu upon reboot, hence the install Win 7, Bootcamp, Win 10 procedure.

I really do make things hard for myself.

As for the serial key thing, I guess I hadn't run the latest updates at that stage.

Ok so I see here that Apple doesn't support Windows 10 on any Mac Pro other than the trashcan Mac Pro.

I used to have a Mac Pro also and used it for Windows gaming. When a new version of Windows came out I would have to install the Apple software by running the installer manually via the CMD. There is a hardware version check built into Apple's app you are meant to run, but the actual work is done by a secondary app, I believe it's a .msi app. If you run that .msi via the CMD you will be able to install drivers in an unsupported version of Windows.

But really I would recommend you give up using a cheesegrater Mac Pro. The last hardware rev before the trashcan was released in 2010 with a minor speed bump in 2012. A cheap gaming PC like this one will be much faster than a 6 year old (or more) Mac Pro. Apple has abandoned real gamers in favor of iPhone gamers. Much as I love their products I do not recommend their hardware for any gaming.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Agreed, though I don't game enough to warrant an entirely new machine, and this Mac is my main photo processing workstation in OS X so I can't really replace it completely yet. For a machine released in 2008 it's handled anything I can throw at it with only a few small upgrades along the way.

Just got an interesting email from Oculus.

Hi Nik,

We know you're anxious to receive your Oculus Rift and apologize for not updating your order status sooner. We've been working through an unexpected component shortage, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates for some early customers.

We're working hard to get up-to-date ship windows, and you should expect to see your order status updated on oculus.com by Tuesday, April 12. Although many Rifts will be arriving on schedule and in line with original estimates, we'll be covering shipping and handling costs for all orders placed through today.

We're shipping rifts everyday. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Oculus support team if you have additional questions.

The Oculus Team

Need Help? Oculus Support Center
    Oculus VR Ireland Limited
    So I'm guessing that I will get my Rift even later than June, but I won't have to pay the stupidly high shipping charge. So good and bad news???

Reminder for the Pokemon players, April see's the mythical Pokemon Jirachi available to download through mystery gift (no code needed).
    Limit one per save file blah blah you know the drill.

Unfortunately next months mythical, Darkrai, will be using the code system so it will be another desperate rush to all the ebgames stores to try and get one before the scalpers do. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Reminder for the Pokemon players, April see's the mythical Pokemon Jirachi available to download through mystery gift (no code needed).
    Limit one per save file blah blah you know the drill.

Unfortunately next months mythical, Darkrai, will be using the code system so it will be another desperate rush to all the ebgames stores to try and get one before the scalpers do. sigh
    EB never have them anyway, they arrive late then mysteriously disappear...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)