Page 333 of 467 FirstFirst ... 313323328329330331332333334335336337338343353 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

There's been a couple of releases that have made me wonder: do I need to get a New3Ds to replace my 3DsXL... but now with this hardware would I / should I bother? Mostly I'm going to wait and see.

I'm still trying to find the best deal for a PS4. JB had a cheap price on the old model 1TB version, but it wasn't much more to get the newest version.

But I looked at my playing habits and my PS3 has primarily been a Netflix machine this whole year to date. If I buy a PS4 I'll get Tomb Raider (the main reason I want the machine) and will be able to play a few games I got when they were cheap (London Assassin's Creed, latest Batman Arkham game and the TF Devastation game) and there's other games I'd like (Uncharted 4, Doom, Street Fighter V, South Park 2, FF15).

So game content-wise I'm happy there's a critical mass, but I just find I don't sit and play video games that often anymore that aren't hand-held.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's been a couple of releases that have made me wonder: do I need to get a New3Ds to replace my 3DsXL... but now with this hardware would I / should I bother? Mostly I'm going to wait and see.
    Nintendo have said the Switch isn't a 3DS replacement, but they also said DS wasn't a gameboy replacement either...

New 3DS isn't really worth it unless you intend on getting the couple of exclusives or the rare games that run better on it (ie Hyrule Warriours).
    It does handle the 3D image a lot better though.

I think the Switch marketing is fine and the concept will certainly be sound with the mainstream.

The Switch appears to at least be on par with the vanilla PS4 and XBone. We did see the Special edition of Skyrim running on it and that is a AAA heavy weight game. The Switch also offers something that none of the competition does - Neither Sony nor Microsoft allows you to play AAA titles like Skyrim 'on the go'.

The only problem that I see with the Switch is that nobody in the mainstream (The casual gamer) seems to know it exists.

I'm sure the Switch is not on par with the Xbox One and PS4. Assuming that it is running on something similar to the Tegra 2 the specs for the Tegra 2 is a dual core 1.2 ghz SOC with 1gb of DDR2 760. The Xbox One is an octa-core 1.8ghz CPU teamed with a 800mhz GPU and 8gb of DDR3 2133, the PS4 has even higher GPU and memory specs. The Switch has a native resolution of 720p that is "boosted" to 1080p when docked. Also we do know that wasn't the special edition of Skyrim in the video it was another thing that Bethesda is not commenting on. According to people with the dev kits that have broken NDA you will only get 3 hours at most out of the battery in the Switch which is even less than the 5 hours of the 3DS. The Switch will be great for Nintendo's own games, but you will get a better experience on Xbox One, PS4 and PC for multiplatform games.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm sure the Switch is not on par with the Xbox One and PS4. Assuming that it is running on something similar to the Tegra 2 the specs for the Tegra 2 is a dual core 1.2 ghz SOC with 1gb of DDR2 760. The Xbox One is an octa-core 1.8ghz CPU teamed with a 800mhz GPU and 8gb of DDR3 2133, the PS4 has even higher GPU and memory specs. The Switch has a native resolution of 720p that is "boosted" to 1080p when docked. Also we do know that wasn't the special edition of Skyrim in the video it was another thing that Bethesda is not commenting on. According to people with the dev kits that have broken NDA you will only get 3 hours at most out of the battery in the Switch which is even less than the 5 hours of the 3DS. The Switch will be great for Nintendo's own games, but you will get a better experience on Xbox One, PS4 and PC for multiplatform games.
    Nobody really knows what the Switch is running as the only official statement we have heard is "custom Tegra GPU'. Also where is this info about a custom Skyrim port? All the info we have about it is that we saw it on screen and it looked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Nobody really knows what the Switch is running as the only official statement we have heard is "custom Tegra GPU'. Also where is this info about a custom Skyrim port? All the info we have about it is that we saw it on screen and it looked fine.

One of the guys on Giant Bomb mentioned that it's not Skyrim Special Edition and that Bethesda has said it's something else and the link below shows that Skyrim isn't even confirmed at all. Nintendo could be completely BSing us.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sky.../1100-6444660/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

One of the guys on Giant Bomb mentioned that it's not Skyrim Special Edition and that Bethesda has said it's something else and the link below shows that Skyrim isn't even confirmed at all. Nintendo could be completely BSing us.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sky.../1100-6444660/
    I read the official response from Bethesda and EA last week. It is very much a legal response that any company would make before an announcement so means nothing. Basically, they don't want the media to be the ones that first announce their game.

We still only know what the announcement showed and what Nvidia said which is not much.

Sorry but I'll take Giant Bombs word over yours. It's not Skyrim Special Edition and it's not as powerful as an Xbox One.

Sorry but I'll take Giant Bombs word over yours. It's not Skyrim Special Edition and it's not as powerful as an Xbox One.
    What? I am not asking you to take my word. I just mentioned factually what we know from Nintendo, nvidia, bethesda and EA plus some of my own speculations.

Are you one of those types who can't have a speculative discussion without turning it into 'me vs you'

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    What? I am not asking you to take my word. I just mentioned factually what we know from Nintendo, nvidia, bethesda and EA plus some of my own speculations.

Are you one of those types who can't have a speculative discussion without turning it into 'me vs you'
    Dude stop being a n00b and just accept that I am right.