Page 339 of 467 FirstFirst ... 319329334335336337338339340341342343344349359 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Yeah I got mine about 9:30 this morning from EB Southland, but then I'd had it on preorder since the day of the announcement. Unless there were more in the storeroom, looks to have been the last one there.

Have to finish an 11 hr shift before I can test it out though

Might put it in PiP on my oversized monitor while I do some photo searching tonight

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Did anyone manage to pick up a NES classic?

I thought these were going to be a fairly wide release - not mass retail, but enough to generally go around. But from what I'm reading, a lot of stores seemed to get less than a handful of units to sell

And people are paying $300-$400 on Ebay AU for them right now
    I pre-ordered my at the Gamesmen. Waiting for them to say when it's going to be ready.

Cool, the Gamesmen are still around! A friend was getting their catalogues back in 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Did anyone manage to pick up a NES classic?

I thought these were going to be a fairly wide release - not mass retail, but enough to generally go around. But from what I'm reading, a lot of stores seemed to get less than a handful of units to sell

And people are paying $300-$400 on Ebay AU for them right now
    The catalogues all showed 'Limited Stock'. They weren't kidding. The Target I visited had sold out prior to opening at 8:00 am. Same story with Big W. A staff member said all units had already been sold to customers who had queued up prior to opening time. All well and good, but the store was not even open to customers at that time.

There is at least one unit on eBay with a $600 asking price. Slightly above RRP.

PSN may have been hacked again. Lots of UK accounts have been compromised. Time to remove my credit card from my PSN account again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB2_2DZZGWs

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54863/...ers/index.html

http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com...hacks-hits-uk/

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    The catalogues all showed 'Limited Stock'. They weren't kidding. The Target I visited had sold out prior to opening at 8:00 am. Same story with Big W. A staff member said all units had already been sold to customers who had queued up prior to opening time. All well and good, but the store was not even open to customers at that time.

There is at least one unit on eBay with a $600 asking price. Slightly above RRP.
    When I started work this afternoon I was told we had people lining up from 6AM when the center opened for the NES. It's a bunch of 30 year old games that you can download for free off ROM sites or pay a little cash and get them on your Wii, Wii U or 3DS. How strange.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 10th November 2016 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    When I started work this afternoon I was told we had people lining up from 6AM when the center opened for the NES. It's a bunch of 30 year old games that you can download for free off ROM sites or pay a little cash and get them on your Wii, Wii U or 3DS. How strange.
    Strange, when you look at it that way. According to Target staff, 0430 was the earliest arrival. Will try again early December though

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I think a lot of it is to do with nostalgia. And personally I think its handy to have a self contained unit with (what I consider anyway) a "top 30" selection of games.
    Never been into ROM gaming, and I don't have a Wii U or 3DS (not sure where my Wii console is - but I've never been able to get it to connect to the internet properly anyway )
    So in that regard the NES classic is more a convenience thing for me.

I will admit to having a bunch of emulators running through steam's big picture on my TV, on a Mac running Windows, so can use the Steam Controller from my couch, but this little thing is cool, tiny, all in one, and easily transportable. Plus it'll go to my son when he's old enough.

I've got no sentimental connection to the NES... but if they did a SNES version I could run out for one.

I want to buy some of the SNES games for my 3DS but only the "New 3DS" will play them. And yes I have an emulator but it's not quite the same. Would love to play my favourite SNES games on the move but not ready to upgrade my 3DS for just that.