Page 341 of 467 FirstFirst ... 321331336337338339340341342343344345346351361 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    If you disliked the "at sea" parts of ACIII then you'll most likely dislike most of ACIV. The sailing and sea battles are vastly improved from III but it is a very large portion of the game. There is still plenty of building and ruin climbing, and the overall design of these parts is fantastic, but the sailing is how you get from island to Island, and requires you to do so in order to open up "fast sail" options and to unlock most areas of The Caribbean. It's too bad there are not many places that hire games out, as this sounds like a certain " try before you buy" situation for you.

Personally I loved the game, could not get enough of the sailing and hunting down Spanish and English ships to raid for cargo, climbing the mast and then assassinating captains from above.
    I ended up buying ACIV... because JB had a caseless version for $1. For $1 if I hated the game it wouldn't be no big deal.

But after putting off playing it for ages I loaded it up and am a bit hooked into it, playing everyday. The cities and island locations are good and give me the Assassins Creed fun I was looking for... but it took me five attempts to complete the first compulsory pirate mission to get metal. It was definitely starting to get on my nerves when I'd rather just skip straight to the land based parts of the game!

And the half-assed HD remasters continue to disappoint.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/17/13...mparison-weird

Xbox Black Friday sale has started, more deals will be added over time. https://majornelson.com/2016/11/18/b...eals-and-more/

And just got an email saying PlayStation's Black Friday deals will start in 4d 11h from now.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 20th November 2016 at 12:03 AM.

One game (or series) I'd like to see get a remaster would be the X Wing/Tie Fighter games

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    One game (or series) I'd like to see get a remaster would be the X Wing/Tie Fighter games
    You know someone has done it?

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_t...pecial_edition

Theydo come up on special once every so often, or just buy it right away lol

I've got that already, still love it, but I meant using current-gen tech would be pretty epic

I've got that already, still love it, but I meant using current-gen tech would be pretty epic
    Ah fair enough. I love gog, so many I have purchased but not gotten around to playing lol

Yes indeed. I have been wishing for that for ages. Not a remaster but a complete remake with a modern gaphics engine but same gameplay. Maybe add the ability to walk around the Star Destroyer and interact or do minor quests between missions.

Technically we already had a remaster with the X-wing vs Tie fighter engine edition but it also inherited a lot of the flaws like lack of dynamic music and joystick only.

Target is running a crazy console games sale this Friday on new releases. Titanfall 2 is only $36! Battlefield 1 is $52. Hopefully there is plenty of stock.

https://files.ozbargain.com.au/uploa...3/img_0292.jpg