Page 342 of 467 FirstFirst ... 322332337338339340341342343344345346347352362 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Target is running a crazy console games sale this Friday on new releases. Titanfall 2 is only $36! Battlefield 1 is $52. Hopefully there is plenty of stock.

https://files.ozbargain.com.au/uploa...3/img_0292.jpg
    Some very good prices there. I was going to pick up Doom from them as it was already cheap, but for under $20 I'll be heading on down!

Origin's Black Friday sales start on Tuesday at 6pm AEST. I hope there's cheap Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2. Tho I should note for anyone who is thinking about getting TF2 Jeff Gerstmann said after his review of TF2 that there were not a lot of people playing online and that was on the US servers.

$299 PS4 at JB is really tempting even if there aren't many games I want for it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    $299 PS4 at JB is really tempting even if there aren't many games I want for it :/
    I was thinking exactly that but it's the slim not the Pro. Not sure if Slim/Original PS4 people would get shafted by newer games if they are intended to be on the Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I was thinking exactly that but it's the slim not the Pro. Not sure if Slim/Original PS4 people would get shafted by newer games if they are intended to be on the Pro.
    So far it's been a real mixed bag with how games run on the pro v slim, but there's like 48 million vanilla PS4s vs the 40k pros. I doubt the old ps4 will get overly shafted.

I'm thinking the same thing given that a few games are coming out now that only play on the New3DS, whether it would be the same with games only for the PS4Pro...

The other thing that puts me off running out for that deal is that it's the 500GB model right? I'm pretty sure I should get the 1TB model. I've read things about upgrading the hard drive yourself but I'd rather just spend a bit more and get the larger hard drive built in from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing given that a few games are coming out now that only play on the New3DS, whether it would be the same with games only for the PS4Pro...

The other thing that puts me off running out for that deal is that it's the 500GB model right? I'm pretty sure I should get the 1TB model. I've read things about upgrading the hard drive yourself but I'd rather just spend a bit more and get the larger hard drive built in from the start.
    Sony said there will be no Pro exclusives. Upgrading is so easy I'd suggest doing that instead, you can get a faster and larger drive for around $100 and still save $100 off the 1tb model

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

The 3DS/New 3DS thing is what got me thinking on that path. Although a lot of the 3Ps will probably try to accommodate the vanilla PS4s with games, the exclusives however are more likely to have features only available on the Pro in order to promote sales. That would mean that regular PS4 users will just get a stunted version like playing PC games in Medium or even low settings.

Since my only gaming motivation for a PS4 would be the exclusives since I play the 3P games on PC, it may happen that I could end up feeling left out if I get the Slim now instead of waiting a few years for decent Pro prices. The only time I would get a PS4 vanilla would be if I see it being sold for like $100 like when I bought my phat PS3 on Gumtree some years ago.

When it comes to HDDs, does the PS4 allow you to just stick a bigger SATA drive in like the PS3 models?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Since my only gaming motivation for a PS4 would be the exclusives since I play the 3P games on PC, I would certainly be feeling like if I am left out if I get the Slim instead of waiting a few years for decent Pro prices. The only time I would get a PS4 vanilla would be if I see it being sold for like $100 like when I bought my phat PS3 on Gumtree.

When it comes to HDDs, does the PS4 allow you to just stick a bigger SATA drive in like the PS3 models?
    I also play mostly on PC, but have the opposite stance, I find the pro to be too expensive for what will be a console of minor use.

Yes you can jame a bigger HDD in like the PS3, even supports SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I also play mostly on PC, but have the opposite stance, I find the pro to be too expensive for what will be a console of minor use.

Yes you can jame a bigger HDD in like the PS3, even supports SSD
    Actually we have similar views. After I was done playing the ps3 exclusives that i was interested in, it just became a fancy blueray and streaming player and that has been its primary use. For the Pro, chances are i won't get any type of PS4 until i see them going cheap as the ps5 or whatever the next thing is comes out