Page 363 of 467 FirstFirst ... 343353358359360361362363364365366367368373383 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    IMO the best games achieve longevity through replayability, rather than cheap scavenger hunt / side mission mechanics.
    I think I agree here.

Just cruising through youtube here and found this episode of Jimquisition quite similar to my thoughts on size vs content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    IMO the best games achieve longevity through replayability, rather than cheap scavenger hunt / side mission mechanics.
    I've played GTA V to 100% completion three times because that story is so replayable even if you choose the same heist plans a second time or chase down the same collectables.

Much as I love AC Syndicate and would count it as one of the top 10 games of 2015 I can't see myself playing through it again because it's just the best version of the Ubisoft formula which gets reused multiple times every year.

Also I don't see how this years AC can be anywhere near as good as Syndicate. You have all that cool clockwork "Victorian era technology" that allows for fun fast traversal of the map in Syndicate, not to mention guns and other stuff. This years AC is going back in time to Ancient Egypt, which isn't exactly an era known for grappling hooks, zip lines, guns and tranquilizers.

Finally did my first solo Gold match on Mass Effect 3 on the PS3. This was after two earlier attempts, where I got up to wave 9 and then wave 10 (out of 11). I've got solo mastery on the PC but I find console much harder.

Meanwhile, my kill/death ratio on Dead Space 2 on the PS3 is edging up to 1 (it's at 0.9). On PC it's 2 point something, but again I'm finding the console harder to use.

Well this has got to be a bit embarrassing for Nvidia. Turns out the Switch is using a standard off the shelf Tegra T210 SOC, not a "custom Tegra" SOC.

Update!

After subsequent processing of the GPU from the Nintendo Switch, we have determined that the processor is the Nvidia Tegra T210. The T210 CPU features 4 Cortex A57 and 4 Cortex A53 processor cores and the GPU is a GM20B Maxell core.
    http://techinsights.com/about-techin...itch-teardown/

Did nobody at Nvidia remember that people tear down CPU's, GPU's, SOC's and other chips to see how they are designed and therefore would realise it's a standard SOC?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Well this has got to be a bit embarrassing for Nvidia. Turns out the Switch is using a standard off the shelf Tegra T210 SOC, not a "custom Tegra" SOC.

http://techinsights.com/about-techin...itch-teardown/

Did nobody at Nvidia remember that people tear down CPU's, GPU's, SOC's and other chips to see how they are designed and therefore would realise it's a standard SOC?
    Maybe it's got an extra label printed on it and that's what makes it custom

I was rudely awakened by the shelf that holds my Blizzard collector's editions collapsing onto lower shelves during the night. Fortunately the only damage to games was my LOZ Wind Waker/Ocarina of Time case. Anyone have a recommendation from a place other than Ikea (don't have one near me) for shelves that can hold both DVD case sized games and larger heavier stuff like Blizzard collector's editions?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was rudely awakened by the shelf that holds my Blizzard collector's editions collapsing onto lower shelves during the night. Fortunately the only damage to games was my LOZ Wind Waker/Ocarina of Time case. Anyone have a recommendation from a place other than Ikea (don't have one near me) for shelves that can hold both DVD case sized games and larger heavier stuff like Blizzard collector's editions?
    Ouch, that sucks Glad there wasn't too much damage.

If you can find them, the "Oskar" DVD/CD shelving units are pretty nice. I've got two for my DVD collection. They come as flatpack, but they have adjustable shelves so they should be able to accommodate both normal DVD and CE sized boxes. Only hard part is finding them now.

Or something like this might be ok. Not sure how much you want to spend, but has free postage at least.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/528-DVD-1...3D222236137216

Is anyone else pervertedly into Rocket League?

Every time I walk past my study I feel compelled to have another quick 2v2 comp match.

I've found as I've gotten older and my time is occupied with stuff like work, the exigencies of living out of home and having a partner and the like I've come to have more of an appreciation for games like FIFA, Rocket League, Smash Bros, Counter Strike, Killing Floor and Rainbow Six - anything round based where I can mentally plan ahead the amount of time I'll have to take for something.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Is anyone else pervertedly into Rocket League?

Every time I walk past my study I feel compelled to have another quick 2v2 comp match.

I've found as I've gotten older and my time is occupied with stuff like work, the exigencies of living out of home and having a partner and the like I've come to have more of an appreciation for games like FIFA, Rocket League, Smash Bros, Counter Strike, Killing Floor and Rainbow Six - anything round based where I can mentally plan ahead the amount of time I'll have to take for something.
    I still load up Rocket League every so often.

There is a new game called Disc Jam that might be the next Rocket League. It's an online sports game like Rocket League but it's not soccer with cars, it's frisbie with lasers and explosions. Think of Windjammers on the NeoGeo mixed with Rocket League. If it takes off and there is a large player pool I'm going to buy it. The beta was fun, but finding a match was hard.

Also, I really, really wish Nintendo would finally say something about backwards compatibility on the Switch. I have a bunch of VC games on my wish list on Wii U and 3DS and would purchase them now if my purchases would one day transfer to the Switch.

Anyone looking forward to the upcoming System Shock remake/reboot?