Page 364 of 467 FirstFirst ... 344354359360361362363364365366367368369374384 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Anyone looking forward to the upcoming System Shock remake/reboot?
    As long as it doesn't end up unintentionally hilarious like Mass Effect Andromeda.

Keeping an eye on it but I'll put off buying it until I replay SS2 that I still have on CD.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I loved SS2 back in the day, made me hunt down the original game, so this new one, well, I'm just a tad excited. I did (for the first time actually) contribute to the kickstarter, because I wanted to see the game made that much.

Been loving Horizon zero Dawn, it's very good, but I don't think it's quite the 100% game that it's been receiving on the review front.

Despite being considered an open world game, there are some obvious barriers and restrictions. One I find particularly annoying is the climbing mechanic. She can climb some ledges and yellow marked things, but a rock with something that looks like a ledge or part of a building and looks climbable is not. The stealth thing is also kind of naff, with the magic grass to hide in. I also came across a bit of an immersion breaking " You're about to leave the play area, if you continue, you will be returned to your last save" message when I was near the edge of the map up some mountains and my final whinge is that during some conversations your have dialogue options, but they don't seem to accomplish anything, all being a bit pointless.

Fighting them Dinos is a lot of fun though and the moment when you spot a new one.... Do I go for it, or just stay out of its way for now? I ALWAYS go for it. Usually to my detriment. The way you have to keep farming for parts while slightly annoying at the start, makes a lot of sense. I kept on taking on the raptor gguys and horse-bots, but stopped after a whiel, opting for avoiding them, but later on, I discovered I was lacking parts for a weapon I rather liked using. Turns out I did have heaps of what I needed when I was taking down the little guys, but because I left them alone for a while, my supplies had run out. Due to that it menas you might occasionally have to stop and restock on bots you don't see as all that much of a challenge anymore. But I don't think you ever get strong enough to feel safe, even when taking on the starting robots. If there's one, sure you're probably going to be OK, but there is rarely the situation of only one.

Also making them explode is extremely satisfying!

Some multiplayer dino hunting action would go down nicely in this game methinks!

yes and no...
    yes because ive never played these games before and sometimes trying to go back to old games with old UI is too much hassle

no because it seems like basically the same old map geometry and level design just with updated visuals and UI tweaks.

there is an actual system shock 3 being worked on i believe.

I'm looking forward to SS3 as well, especially the news that it takes off right after #2's ending.

I'm hoping the System Shock remake is more along the lines of Tomb Raider Anniversary in that it's not a slavish recreation, but an expansion on the original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Been loving Horizon zero Dawn, it's very good, but I don't think it's quite the 100% game that it's been receiving on the review front.

Despite being considered an open world game, there are some obvious barriers and restrictions. One I find particularly annoying is the climbing mechanic. She can climb some ledges and yellow marked things, but a rock with something that looks like a ledge or part of a building and looks climbable is not. The stealth thing is also kind of naff, with the magic grass to hide in. I also came across a bit of an immersion breaking " You're about to leave the play area, if you continue, you will be returned to your last save" message when I was near the edge of the map up some mountains and my final whinge is that during some conversations your have dialogue options, but they don't seem to accomplish anything, all being a bit pointless.

Fighting them Dinos is a lot of fun though and the moment when you spot a new one.... Do I go for it, or just stay out of its way for now? I ALWAYS go for it. Usually to my detriment. The way you have to keep farming for parts while slightly annoying at the start, makes a lot of sense. I kept on taking on the raptor gguys and horse-bots, but stopped after a whiel, opting for avoiding them, but later on, I discovered I was lacking parts for a weapon I rather liked using. Turns out I did have heaps of what I needed when I was taking down the little guys, but because I left them alone for a while, my supplies had run out. Due to that it menas you might occasionally have to stop and restock on bots you don't see as all that much of a challenge anymore. But I don't think you ever get strong enough to feel safe, even when taking on the starting robots. If there's one, sure you're probably going to be OK, but there is rarely the situation of only one.

Also making them explode is extremely satisfying!

Some multiplayer dino hunting action would go down nicely in this game methinks!
    When you accidentally bump into a pack of those damn corrupted Scrappers it ruins your day

I second your thoughts. The invisibility grass is a little annoying. Both that you are completely invisible, and it is the ONLY thing you can hide in. Another thing that you didn't mention (you might not be up to it yet) is that when you override a Strider, they become damn near invincible. I watched one take out a Sawtooth and a Scrapper at the same time.

But it is a damn good game. Those big flying Dino-birds are the hardest I've encountered yet.
    Last edited by Trent; 25th March 2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Just bought a PS4 since my PS3 finally died.

Bought the 3rd Batman game on it - very good thus far

My son is still too young to properly use a console but loves to watch me play. I think Batman is a bit violent so are there any games out there that he would love to watch but I won't hate to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Another thing that you didn't mention (you might not be up to it yet) is that when you override a Strider, they become damn near invincible. I watched one take out a Sawtooth and a Scrapper at the same time.

But it is a damn good game. Those big flying Dino-birds are the hardest I've encountered yet.
    Oh, the striders are nothing now. I've managed to get the option to override the Thunderjaw and the big eagle thing. Gotta admit, I hate some sitations, like one time I was in the hunting grounds minding my own business (while hunting some big bison things) and out of nowhere 3 glinthawks punce, scare the bison and blow my cover. Now I have 3 bison and 3 glinthawks all gunning for me. and I died.

I've come across that a couple of times, but have found that I'm now quick enough to take out a small flock of glinthawks satisfactorily. Its really interesting to me how it manages to train you to take on more and more dangerous bots. I was cornered by 3 stealth cat things and my previous encounter with just one was a horrible experience, but by using dofferent efefct weapons and the ropecaster to keep the buggers in one place, I managed to take aall three out in quick succession. That was with all three attack me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Just bought a PS4 since my PS3 finally died.

Bought the 3rd Batman game on it - very good thus far

My son is still too young to properly use a console but loves to watch me play. I think Batman is a bit violent so are there any games out there that he would love to watch but I won't hate to play?
    DId you play TF Devasattion on ps3? Uncharted 4 must be good. Most of my games are very batman based or a tad violent ATM

I'm hoping the System Shock remake is more along the lines of Tomb Raider Anniversary in that it's not a slavish recreation, but an expansion on the original idea.
    you can download a demo on steam.