Page 367 of 467 FirstFirst ... 347357362363364365366367368369370371372377387 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Lol, you seem to have listed my retirement so far right there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Lol, you seem to have listed my retirement so far right there!!
    Hah

Also got some old school roms I can play via steam when hooked into the TV, but haven't played those for a while.

Turns out I didn't need to spend the better past of the last three days running that compression program (was trying to compress ~1.14tb worth of photos into just under 1tb so it'd fit on a 1tb drive) - I found several external drives I haven't used for a while, and one of them is a 2tb drive...

Now to wait for the file transfer over USB 2.0 (*shudders*)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I'm still playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Took on a Rockbreaker the other day and it took me ages (and many deaths) to beat it so tonight when I came up on a corrupted one I just slowly and quietly backed away and took the long way around Probably go back and have a crack at it next time

Not sure if I love or hate the tear arrows. On one hand they are great for quickly disarming a machine but I'm not sure if they make it too easy. Of course when I took on a pack of Ravagers the other day I was very glad I had them to remove those annoying as hell cannons from their backs but still, especially with a Thunderjaw, they remove a lot of the challenge.
    I like the tear arrows, I love the sound they make. As for the challenge, I personally believe that as a pathetic little human in that game, the challenge is using what you have to take down something that will wipe you out quite easily. Those homing laser things on the Thunderjaws are damn annoying.

Those rockbreakers are a pain as well. The way they just disappear into the ground all the time really annoys me. Yay for tear arrows. I found one area with three of those suckers in it. Left it for later.

I've been sinking quite a few hours into Shadow of Mordor lately. Found the nemesis system quite a lot of fun. and the way it makes you feel connected (usually by thirst for revenge, or to shut up) the enemies is pretty cool. IT's not very well balanced though. At the start, I was having heaps of trouble taking out even the basic grunts, but now I'm powered up and not feeling too fussed about the commanders and stuff anymore, even when I'm set upon by more than one at a time.

I wonder if it's because I've gotten used to the game, or because of the powerups? When I finish, I'll have to start a new game and see if I feel the same way.

I spent most of the night playing Yooka Laylee. If you like Banjo Kazooie you will like Yooka Laylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Is it just me or is no one really gaming anymore?
    I'm getting into Mass Effect Andromeda ATM....
    Playing Zelda. After that if bargain cheap and I feel like laughing at funny faces and 'Made for TV movie' plots, I'll go and play Andromeda.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Playing Zelda. After that if bargain cheap and I feel like laughing at funny faces and 'Made for TV movie' plots, I'll go and play Andromeda.
    Savage, true but savage. They at least made the gun point the right way in that cut-scene now!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Savage, true but savage. They at least made the gun point the right way in that cut-scene now!
    Yeah, they made some improvements but why weren't there to begin with and regardless of that, the animation still looks mediocre when compared to Mass Effect 2 and arguably 1.

Bioware is now in my 'Don't trust, just wait and see' category.

Bioware is now in my 'Don't trust, just wait and see' category.
    For me they've been in the "don't touch, just laugh" category since DA2 & ME3. EA poisoned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    For me they've been in the "don't touch, just laugh" category since DA2 & ME3. EA poisoned them.
    It took me a while to reach that conclusion - DA2 was certainly a warning and the ME3 debacle was noteworthy. To be fair, they did make an effort to fix the latter but this latest antic has made it clear that they should not be trusted for me.

To be fair, they did make an effort to fix the latter but this latest antic has made it clear that they should not be trusted for me.
    My ME3 issues go far deeper than the ending, hell I never even checked it out. The game lost me way before I finished it.